Bible Talk > Apologetics

Was the Church formed before the world began?

<< < (5/5)

Fat:

--- Quote from: Iconoclast on July 14, 2018, 08:22:35 am ---The Church assembles on the last day.

--- End quote ---

So I wonder who John was writing to in the book of Revelation. Can the church be formed even though the members are not all assembled in one group? Is not the church the body of Christ, and are not you a member of that body?

So Hall when was the church formed, was it before the world began?

Iconoclast:
There are local assemblies on earth now.
However, the One True Church will not be fully assembled until the last day.

Fat:

--- Quote from: Iconoclast on July 14, 2018, 10:19:00 pm ---There are local assemblies on earth now.
However, the One True Church will not be fully assembled until the last day.

--- End quote ---

But you also said in a post I just read, that the kingdom is now. If the kingdom is now is not the church already assembled?

Use the phrase The One True Church, this is usually used by cult sects like Jehovah's Witnesses, Church of latter-day Saints, Seventh-day Adventist, the Catholic Church etc. etc.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

Iconoclast:
Fat

Hello Fat...thanks for the response and your good questions...

--- Quote ---But you also said in a post I just read, that the kingdom is now. If the kingdom is now is not the church already assembled?

--- End quote ---

Jesus and the Apostles inaugurated the kingdom......it is still growing, not yet complete..More persons are being saved AS THE GOSPEL IS STILL GOING WORLDWIDE...

psalm22;
27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

--- Quote ---Use the phrase The One True Church, this is usually used by cult sects like Jehovah's Witnesses, Church of latter-day Saints, Seventh-day Adventist, the Catholic Church etc. etc.
--- End quote ---
Cults speak of marraige , but we do not dispense with it.
It will be the One true church on the last day, because there will be no other assembly around.

--- Quote ---1 Corinthians 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
--- End quote ---
[/b]

yes...that is why it is at the last day when we shall be changed :) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version