Author Topic: Eph 4:9-12  (Read 770 times)

clark thompson

Eph 4:9-12
« on: May 19, 2014, 06:20:50 pm »
Ephesians 4:9-12
King James Version (KJV)

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:9-12
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 (Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.) 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 Christ came from heaven to earth. He came from His throne on high to establish the foundation for His later reign on earth. Christ came from being Lord to become a servant for us.

10 Christ did what He came to do and went back to heaven. Christ back in heaven waiting the time He will return. He is seeing things come to past until He returns at the end of days.

11 There were those that were called to establish the church thru Christ being Lord. Today the church has been established but needs growth. God called men to boldly proclaim God’s word before men; today the word is finished but not yet completed. There are those that are called to teach the word so others may grow in Spirit. True teaching is Spirit lead.

12 One of the purposes of the church is to prepare the next generation and being lead by the Spirit develop younger Christians. The church to strength all its members and build others up by love and always to get closer to the Lord.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Moss

Re: Eph 4:9-12
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:16:55 am »
Hi Clark
My thoughts line up with yours. I don't see that I would give these scriptures any deferent  interpretation.

biblebuf

Re: Eph 4:9-12
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:24:24 am »
Christ explained why it was important that He left and the gift, that is the gift giver, He was giving to us.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away : for if I go not away , the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart , I will send him unto you.