Author Topic: His Power Is Perfected In Weakness  (Read 797 times)

biblebuf

His Power Is Perfected In Weakness
« on: May 28, 2014, 06:21:02 pm »
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. (Eph. 6:10 )
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake ; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor. 12:9, 10 ) I will come with the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD ; I will make mention of Your righteousness, Yours alone. (Psa. 71:16 ) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Rom. 1:16 )
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.. (Phil. 4:13 ) For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me. (Col. 1:29 ) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves ; (2 Cor. 4:7 )
Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared ; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Neh. 8:10 ) strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience ; joyously (Col. 1:11 )

macuser

Re: His Power Is Perfected In Weakness
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:52:54 pm »
Our frailness exist so that His strength maybe manifested in His Glory.

1 Sam 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent : for he is not a man, that he should repent.

God is not in the business of helping the humanly strong become stronger; rather he takes the weak and makes them strong in himself.
Erwin W. Lutzer
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:02:13 pm by macuser »

Moss

Re: His Power Is Perfected In Weakness
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:31:46 am »
Hi Mac

God wants us to surrender everything over to Him, this allows God to show himself in you.
True worship.