Author Topic: Luke 1:76-77  (Read 793 times)

clark thompson

Luke 1:76-77
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:27:05 pm »

Luke 1:76-77

KJV(i) 76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; 77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

CLV(i) 76 Now you, also, little boy, a prophet of the Most High shall be called, For you shall be going before in the sight of the Lord To make ready His roads, 77 To give the knowledge of salvation to His people In the pardon of their sins,

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

76 This was what John was called to be because Jesus was far more than a prophet, He is the most High. John’s job was to get the people ready for Christ’s coming. John was to get people ready for a change. John was the man who was responsible for connecting the time of the Old Testament and the time of the New Testament. His was to prepare the people for the gospel which came in Jesus.

77 John preached the message that some preachers still teach today that we need Christ to have our sins forgiven, that we need to go to Christ, that our lives are truly meaningless if we do not have Him as Lord. We need Jesus, this is what John knew and preached to the people so they would know. People may not accept our truth but we still should preach. People had came John’s and there were even some that rejected the message he gave.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: Luke 1:76-77
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:59:55 pm »
Hi CT

John should to be added as one of the witnesses Christ speaks about in John 8 (12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." 13 So the Pharisees said to Him, "You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not true." 14 Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. 15 "You judge according to the flesh; I am not judging anyone. 16 "But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me. 17 "Even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true. 18 "I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me." )

He is not listed there but he prophesied for the Father.

JB