World News General Non-Religious > Political

Why the decline of America?

(1/4) > >>

Fat:

There is a lot of discussion going on today about why the decline of America. People discussing the issue like to point fingers and make accusations Many blame the education system some blame corruption in politics. But I think the blame lies elsewhere. It is my believe that the decline of America is due to America turning away from our Lord, as seen in the fall of its moral character.

This all comes down of course to the church and the church which is made up of individuals. We have to point the finger at us, the way we live our lives and what we allow to go on around us, and what we allow to happen to our families. This includes not participating in the education of our children by not holding up our end of our government process, when it comes to electing and participating in the educational boards, electing officials that run our communities and participating in the conversations at community meetings. In some areas where the population is so liberal that you cannot get decent representation to the government we may have to look to other ways of educating our children, like homeschooling.

Changing America starts in the Christian home.

johnl:
I was looking for a christian forum and found this one.

Yes, I think the main reason there's been a decline is because of turning away from the Lord.   It probably started after wwII with the violence both across the Atlantic and the Pacific, and then intensified after the vietnam war.   Matthew 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

But through all the fiery trials, the Lord is able to keep the faithful believer.   Psalm 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

John

Fat:

--- Quote from: johnl on February 02, 2012, 10:09:00 am ---I was looking for a christian forum and found this one.

Yes, I think the main reason there's been a decline is because of turning away from the Lord.   It probably started after wwII with the violence both across the Atlantic and the Pacific, and then intensified after the vietnam war.   Matthew 24:12  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

But through all the fiery trials, the Lord is able to keep the faithful believer.   Psalm 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

John

--- End quote ---

Hi John,

There always seems to be a drawing closer to God during a war and a decline after the danger has passed. Hows that saying go,'there are no atheist in a foxhole.'

Yes the faithful shall remain faithful no matter the trials.

John 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish ; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all ; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Proa42:
I have what many might consider an unusual hobby. I do some historical reenacting. I focus on the period from the French and Indian War, through the early 19th Century -- Pre  "War of 1812". Originally got into it for the camping and shooting flintlocks, but gradually got interested in the real historical elements of it. I am no historical scholar, but because of this hobby of mine I read some. Over the past decade and a half that I've been living part-time among the Colonials I have come to the conclusion that, despite all modern claims to the contrary, the United States of America should never be considered a "Christian" country.

The Pilgrims were Christian. Their intention was to come here to worship and live as they believe God meant them to live. The colonies that were established later were economic enterprises populated by Christian folk, predominantly WASPs. (No slur intended). Colonies grew and things got complicated. We became prosperous.

The colonials were, for the most part, English subjects.

Then in 1773 things began to get ugly. The colonies were not being treated as they felt they should be treated. And, before long there was a movement afoot to sever ties with England - to rebel.

There were those colonials who did not believe that rebellion was the answer, but patience and longsuffering was the answer. Even in England, citizens recognized the unjust way that the colonies were being treated. Members of Parliament debated giving the colonies seats and full representation. There were even popular protest songs against this unfair treatment of English subjects.

As the relations declined, the cries for just treatment began to drown out the voices of Christian reason. Politics became a wedge to split the "Church" community. You were either patriot rebel or Tory loyalist. And once the line was crossed, and the rebellion had begun, no right-thinking Christian could ever claim that the nation which was to be born would be a Christian nation.

And that is where the seed of Americas decline lies, at it's roots. For, if the root is holy then the fruit is Holy, but if the root is bad, then the fruit is bad.

The colonists rebelled against their King. For the secular citizens and Cultural Christians there is no need of discussion, for they have no part in the Kingdom. But, for those who claim fellowship with The Christ, there are grave implications. They have ignored the admonishments of God to be subject to the powers that be. They rebelled not against an earthly King, but against the Word of God.

All the rationalizations, not withstanding, it was rebellion against God. The so-called "oppressions" and mistreatments used to justify the rebellion in the popular press grew out of the lawlessness of the colonists.  (Few if any of the alleged woes would have approached the severity of every-day life, in the time The Christ walked His earth)

It was a bad war for any believer to be associated with -- If were are to believe the Word:  "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:"

Now the rebellion's success has no bearing on the right or wrong of it. For even though God, in His foreknowledge, knew this would happen. And, as with all things, we had choices to make and made them. Many Americans though Tori, were forced to leave their homes and were banished, and many were followers of The Christ whose crime was walking according to Romans 13.

What's causing Americas decline? The same thing that causes all nations to decline, they are Nations of Man.

There is only One Nation Under God, and when it is born, it will last a thousand years.

Fat:
Buck-skinner myself, flint and steel, T P's and bear stew. Shoot a full stock Hawken 54 cal.

--- Quote ---The same thing that causes all nations to decline, they are Nations of Man.
--- End quote ---

It's true that even God's nation of Israel turned from Him many times. Remember they wanted a King to lead them  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version