Author Topic: Losing Salvation or Never Saved at All? — J.C. Ryle  (Read 7480 times)

kjw47

Re: Losing Salvation or Never Saved at All? — J.C. Ryle
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 02:01:44 pm »
Only their church members will be saved (The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1979, p. 30)

Only the 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses are born again (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, p. 76.; The Watchtower Nov. 15, 1954, p. 681).

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible" (The Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1967. p. 587).

There is no Trinity (Let God be True, pp. 100-101; Make Sure of All Things, p. 386); The Holy Spirit is God's impersonal active force (The Watchtower, June 1, 1952, p. 24); Their church is the self-proclaimed prophet of God (The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197); They claim to be the only channel of God's truth (The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981, p. 19).

Jehovah's first creation was his 'only-begotten Son'. . . was used by Jehovah in creating all other things (Aid to Bible Understanding, pp. 390-391); Jesus was Michael the archangel who became a man (The Watchtower, May 15, 1963, p. 307; The New World, 284); Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, p. 306); Jesus did not rise from the dead in his physical body (Awake! July 22, 1973, p. 4).

"It is evident from this [Rom. 10:9-10] that besides faith and baptism, public declaration to the effect that Jesus Christ is Lord and that God raised him up from the dead is a requirement for salvation" (The Watchtower, May 1, 1979, p. 15, Baptism, A Christian Requirement).

The Watchtower Organization is the Prophet of God.
"This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it" (The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197).

"Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book" (The Watchtower, July 1, 1973, p. 402).

"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave" (The Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1994, p. 8).

Did you have a question?

biblebuf

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 02:31:04 pm »

Did you have a question?

No, it's only a magazine  :o

kjw47

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »
No, it's only a magazine  :o

Many of the nt bible books were handwritten letters to congregations, sharing Gods truths.

biblebuf

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 05:46:45 pm »

Many of the nt bible books were handwritten letters to congregations, sharing Gods truths.

Now are you claiming that the watchTower is God inspired writings? That would of course explain it's hold over you.

kjw47

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 11:38:41 am »
Now are you claiming that the watchTower is God inspired writings? That would of course explain it's hold over you.

The watchtower has shared many fine truths over the years-- The truth holds sway over me.
And I know its writers ( GB) are the faithful and discreet slave that Jesus appointed.
Have you read what one is doing when they reject Jesus anointed teachers? Luke 10:16 teaches if one rejects those teachers they are as well rejecting Jesus and God. Not a wise place to take ones stand.

biblebuf

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 02:09:54 pm »
The watchtower has shared many fine truths over the years-- The truth holds sway over me.
And I know its writers ( GB) are the faithful and discreet slave that Jesus appointed.
Have you read what one is doing when they reject Jesus anointed teachers? Luke 10:16 teaches if one rejects those teachers they are as well rejecting Jesus and God. Not a wise place to take ones stand.

First of all, no one can disput that writers of your Watchtower has given False prophecy in the passed and according to Scripture the Watchtower writers are False prophet, (anointed teachers not):
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

You have been given instructions on how to deal with the Watchtower and warned on the consequences if you fail to do so:

2 Corinthians 11 3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. 4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity [lawlessness].

2 Tim 4:2 [NIV] Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

In His Word
BB

kjw47

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 01:15:53 pm »
First of all, no one can disput that writers of your Watchtower has given False prophecy in the passed and according to Scripture the Watchtower writers are False prophet, (anointed teachers not):
You have been given instructions on how to deal with the Watchtower and warned on the consequences if you fail to do so:

In His Word
BB

Then there is reality--God made the prophecy of Harmageddon--it is a 100% true prophecy--the wt writers tried to put a date on it--nothing more--nothing less.
All the men who tried to date it--repented--then died and paid the wages of their sin.

A real false false prophecy---heaven or hell as the end.

biblebuf

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 04:08:37 pm »

Then there is reality--God made the prophecy of Harmageddon--it is a 100% true prophecy--the wt writers tried to put a date on it--nothing more--nothing less.
All the men who tried to date it--repented--then died and paid the wages of their sin.

A real false false prophecy---heaven or hell as the end.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; 2 And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; 3 And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

Genesis 17:4 "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations. 5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 "I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 "I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you. 8 "I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God." 9 God said further to Abraham, "Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. 10 "This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 "And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. 12 "And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants. 13 "A servant who is born in your house or who is bought with your money shall surely be circumcised; thus shall My covenant be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 14 "But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."

kjw47

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 12:15:22 pm »
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; 2 And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; 3 And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

Genesis 17:4 "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations. 5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 "I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 "I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you. 8 "I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God." 9 God said further to Abraham, "Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. 10 "This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 "And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. 12 "And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants. 13 "A servant who is born in your house or who is bought with your money shall surely be circumcised; thus shall My covenant be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 14 "But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."

Did you mean this Gospel---John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- 2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-282Cor 11:31,Coll 1:3, Eph 1: 13,17---1Peter 1:3---Rev 1:6-- Jesus and 3 real teachers all 100% in agreement--Jesus has a God-his Father. The true gospel. That is why this is bottom line reality--John 4:22-24--- the wise ones who listen to Jesus and his real teachers--went through Jesus and got to the Father=Jehovah.

biblebuf

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 12:40:20 pm »

Did you mean this Gospel---John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- 2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-282Cor 11:31,Coll 1:3, Eph 1: 13,17---1Peter 1:3---Rev 1:6-- Jesus and 3 real teachers all 100% in agreement--Jesus has a God-his Father. The true gospel. That is why this is bottom line reality--John 4:22-24--- the wise ones who listen to Jesus and his real teachers--went through Jesus and got to the Father=Jehovah.

Salvation by works and Replacement theology = heresy

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (Romans‬ 11‬:1-2‬ KJV)
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (Romans‬ 11‬:6‬ KJV)

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. (Romans‬ 11‬:17-18‬ KJV)

Fat

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 10:17:03 pm »

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (Romans‬ 11‬:1-2‬ KJV)
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (Romans‬ 11‬:6‬ KJV)

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. (Romans‬ 11‬:17-18‬ KJV)

Not only a warning for men but for nations:

Quote from: Joel 3

Joel 3
1.  "For behold, in those days and at that time, When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,               

2.  I will gather all the nations And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land.

3.  "They have also cast lots for My people, Traded a boy for a harlot And sold a girl for wine that they may drink.                 

4.  "Moreover, what are you to Me, O Tyre, Sidon and all the regions of Philistia? Are you rendering Me a recompense? But if you do recompense Me, swiftly and speedily I will return your recompense on your head.                 

5.  "Since you have taken My silver and My gold, brought My precious treasures to your temples,                         

6.  and sold the sons of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks in order to remove them far from their territory,                                                       

7.  behold, I am going to arouse them from the place where you have sold them, and return your recompense on your head.   

8.  "Also I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the sons of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, to a distant nation," for the LORD has spoken.       

9.  Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare a war; rouse the mighty men! Let all the soldiers draw near, let them come up!           

10.  Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am a mighty man."

11.  Hasten and come, all you surrounding nations, And gather yourselves there. Bring down, O LORD, Your mighty ones.                                                   

12.  Let the nations be aroused And come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat, For there I will sit to judge All the surrounding nations.   

13.  Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, tread, for the wine press is full; The vats overflow, for their wickedness is great.       

14.  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

15.  The sun and moon grow dark And the stars lose their brightness.                               

16.  The LORD roars from Zion And utters His voice from Jerusalem, And the heavens and the earth tremble. But the LORD is a refuge for His people And a stronghold to the sons of Israel.                               

17.  Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, Dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain. So Jerusalem will be holy, And strangers will pass through it no more.                     

18.  And in that day The mountains will drip with sweet wine, And the hills will flow with milk, And all the brooks of Judah will flow with water; And a spring will go out from the house of the LORD To water the valley of Shittim.                                                                   

19.  Egypt will become a waste, And Edom will become a desolate wilderness, Because of the violence done to the sons of Judah, In whose land they have shed innocent blood.

20.  But Judah will be inhabited forever And Jerusalem for all generations.           

21.  And I will avenge their blood which I have not avenged, For the LORD dwells in Zion.

Those gentiles that claim to be the 144,000 of Rev 7, will have some explaining to do.

kjw47

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:12 pm »
Not only a warning for men but for nations:

Those gentiles that claim to be the 144,000 of Rev 7, will have some explaining to do.

One doesn't receive salvation for works--one receives salvation for a strong living faith built by works--As James taught a faith without the works is dead--- do you understand this?-James is telling you ones faith is worthless unless built up by works.

Israel has been cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:37-38--and given to others-Matt 21:43---John referred to them as Israel but it actually is spiritual Israel--carrying the biblical meaning--Gods chosen. Not 1 rejector of Jesus will enter Gods kingdom let alone be assigned as kings and priests by his side. teachers of darkness have no understanding of reality. Israel has rejected the Messiah for over 1950 years. Revelation has much symbolism in it.

kjw47

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 12:54:56 pm »

serving a non existent trinity is the real heresy, it contradicts the teachings of the 4 true witnesses of God I showed you in the prior post.--James taught--Faith without works is dead---meaning--one has to do the works to build a strong living faith, otherwise without the works ones faith is worthless.
it is grace no matter what. but only those with a strong living faith who are serving the true God( John 4:22-24) will get grace.
there is 0 doubt--Israel is cut off-Matt 23:37-38--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen, not literal Israel--- you can count on 0 fingers how many will enter Gods kingdom that reject his messiah.

biblebuf

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 01:13:08 pm »

serving a non existent trinity is the real heresy, it contradicts the teachings of the 4 true witnesses of God I showed you in the prior post.--James taught--Faith without works is dead---meaning--one has to do the works to build a strong living faith, otherwise without the works ones faith is worthless.
it is grace no matter what. but only those with a strong living faith who are serving the true God( John 4:22-24) will get grace.
there is 0 doubt--Israel is cut off-Matt 23:37-38--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen, not literal Israel--- you can count on 0 fingers how many will enter Gods kingdom that reject his messiah.

Yes  and works without faith is also dead.

Your attempt to take scripture out of context is sad but typical. You stop and left out verse 39:
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. (Matthew‬ 23‬:37-39‬ KJV)

As in the past God's people come back to Him.
God tells us to for give those who trespass against us as many times as the ask us to, is God less than man?
You're teaching against the bible you claim to love.

BB

Fat

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »

You really have no clue what James was saying do you? Is James in conflict with Paul? How much does grace cost?

Where does the bible say faith come from?