Author Topic: Luke 4:5-8  (Read 644 times)

clark thompson

Luke 4:5-8
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:01:08 pm »
Luke 4:5-8 King James Version (KJV)
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luke 4:5-8
CLV 5 And, leading Him up into a high mountain, the Adversary shows Him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in a second of time." 6 And the Adversary said to Him, "To you shall I be giving all this authority and the glory of them, for it has been given up to me, and to whomsoever I may will, I am giving it." 7 If you, then, should ever be worshiping before me, it will all be yours." 8 And answering, Jesus said to Him, "Go away behind Me, Satan! It is written, The Lord your God shall you be worshiping, and to Him only shall you be offering divine service."

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 The devil took Jesus, this does mean that Jesus ever followed the devil but it was simply the Lord’s will for Jesus to be tempted by the devil. This shows that Satan has his own powers, his is the prince of this world but Jesus one day will set up His kingdom on earth and reign not as a prince but as King after removing Satan.

6 Jesus would one day have this ultimately Jesus would receive this by dying for us on the cross, Satan was trying to have Him choose the world over the cross but Him choosing the cross means the world to Him.

7 Satan wants to served as God is, Satan wants power.

8 We are not to worship anything other than God, He is to come first in our lives anything that is put before Him and His will for us becomes something that keeps us from worshiping Him.

Fat

Re: Luke 4:5-8
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »
Clark
I think you're right on, Satan tried his lie and it did not have the same results it had with Eve.
  8)