Author Topic: Luke 4:12-13  (Read 638 times)

clark thompson

Luke 4:12-13
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »
Luke 4:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

ACV 12 And having answered, Jesus said to him, It is said, Thou shall not challenge Lord thy God. 13 And when the devil ended every temptation, he withdrew from him until a time.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 We should not test the Lord but should all we can to pass the test He may give us and keep pleasing Him. We often times want God to show us or prove to us and He does not have to we should have faith by what He has already done.

13 The devil never fully leaves us alone but will leave us for a time when his temptations on us are not working and then he comes back when we are again weak.

Moss

Re: Luke 4:12-13
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:59:28 pm »
12 And having answered, Jesus said to him, It is said, Thou shall not challenge Lord thy God.

I think the word challenge is more correct then tempt, because that is what Satan was trying to do. Sometimes I hear people challenge God's decisions saying things like, "if God really loved you He would do XYZ". Paul wrote: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. We just aren't smart enough to know what is good for us.

overseer

Re: Luke 4:12-13
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »
Luke 4:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

ACV 12 And having answered, Jesus said to him, It is said, Thou shall not challenge Lord thy God. 13 And when the devil ended every temptation, he withdrew from him until a time.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 We should not test the Lord but should all we can to pass the test He may give us and keep pleasing Him. We often times want God to show us or prove to us and He does not have to we should have faith by what He has already done.

13 The devil never fully leaves us alone but will leave us for a time when his temptations on us are not working and then he comes back when we are again weak.

It is written that no one is able to tempt (test) God because he is all knowing and He doesn't has any evil desire or weaknesses in Him. But I believed that Jesus was actually letting us to know that He is God.