Bible Talk > Apologetics

Is supersessionism / replacement theology Biblical?

<< < (12/13) > >>

Iconoclast:

--- Quote from: Zant Law on July 18, 2018, 06:28:20 pm ---It tells us the Jerusalem is the mother of us (believers) all.

ZLaw
30 But what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE AN HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREE WOMAN."

--- End quote ---

Yes....The Jerusalem which is above is free{in Christ}
Jesus is reigning from the heavenly Zion and jerusalem...Hebrews 12 says He speaks ...from Heaven-
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Zant Law:

--- Quote from: Iconoclast on July 18, 2018, 06:39:37 pm ---Yes....The Jerusalem which is above is free{in Christ}
Jesus is reigning from the heavenly Zion and jerusalem...Hebrews 12 says He speaks ...from Heaven-
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

--- End quote ---

We have established that the kingdom is not here on earth, and it can never be moved to here on earth, is that correct? Which means the thousand year reign of Christ will not occur here on earth, is that correct? This also means that the throne of David is not here on this earth and not referring to the city of Jerusalem, is that correct?

You know I really find it hard to believe that you do not understand the analogy of the bondwoman and the free woman. Do you understand being bound to the law, and as Paul preached being free from the law? Reading some of your post I almost believe that this is some kind of big put-on just for the purpose of harassment. I am free from the Law (my now kingdom), are you?

Here are a few pertinent versus I believe it is appropriate for this discussion.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:6
I am astonished how quickly you are deserting the One who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

ZLaw

Iconoclast:

--- Quote from: Zant Law on July 18, 2018, 08:44:38 pm ---We have established that the kingdom is not here on earth, and it can never be moved to here on earth, is that correct? Which means the thousand year reign of Christ will not occur here on earth, is that correct? This also means that the throne of David is not here on this earth and not referring to the city of Jerusalem, is that correct?

You know I really find it hard to believe that you do not understand the analogy of the bondwoman and the free woman. Do you understand being bound to the law, and as Paul preached being free from the law? Reading some of your post I almost believe that this is some kind of big put-on just for the purpose of harassment. I am free from the Law (my now kingdom), are you?

Here are a few pertinent versus I believe it is appropriate for this discussion.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:6
I am astonished how quickly you are deserting the One who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

ZLaw
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your response. It looks like you are not understanding what was offered however.
Your conclusions are not in line with what is being posted.
I will clarify a later on and try and stay on the topic.

Zant Law:

--- Quote from: Iconoclast on July 19, 2018, 07:19:29 am ---Thanks for your response. It looks like you are not understanding what was offered however.
Your conclusions are not in line with what is being posted.
I will clarify a later on and try and stay on the topic.

--- End quote ---

I don’t go by the conclusions made by church denominations on the meaning of scriptures. This is why we have so many denominations.

Please don’t respond, we will not agree..

ZLsw

Iconoclast:
I am not sure how you thought to include verses speaking of another gospel, and another Jesus, how you thought they fit into this discussion?
What other gospel do you think there is being spoken of?
Who mentioned another gospel at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version