Author Topic: Luke 4:31-34  (Read 1155 times)

clark thompson

Luke 4:31-34
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »
Luke 4:31-34 King James Version (KJV)
31 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.
32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,
34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

Luke 4:31-34
ACV 31 And he came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee. And he was teaching them on the Sabbath day, 32 and they were astonished at his teaching, for his word was with authority. 33 And in the synagogue there was a man who had a spirit of an unclean deity. And it cried out in a great voice, saying, 34 Oh no! What is with us and with thee, Jesus of Nazareth? Did thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou are, the Holy man of God.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

31 Teaching was done on the Sabbath because that is when the set aside time for the Lord. Jesus was still in the region He lived but was now outside His hometown, half of His disciples were from this city.

32 Jesus is the ultimate authority because He is the Lord in the flesh. No one should teach as Jesus did but we are to share what we are given from God.  We can give His words of life to others but the words Jesus were life.

33 For someone with a demon to be in the synagogue shows the Satan does go to church.

34 This also shows there may have been more then one demon in this man. The demons no who He is even Satan knows the truth, knowing the truth does not save anyone it takes us following Him in truth that saves us, demons and Satan do not do this, salvation is much more than a head knowledge, it is a way of life.

Fat

Re: Luke 4:31-34
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:23:35 am »
Clark, I certainly agree with you especially when it comes to verses 33 and 34. Satan is attacking the church from within in fact I believe that many churches now have Satan standing up on the stage behind the pulpit. When you see the churches starting to perform same-sex marriages you know that this is true, Satan has invaded the church and it means it's time to Move on.

And you're correct it's more than just knowing the truth and knowing right from wrong it's a matter of repentance which is not only saying I am sorry, but turning your life around and trying to imitate Christ.

Hal

Re: Luke 4:31-34
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:54:32 am »
 Isn't it amazing that Satan and all his Demons are quick to know who Christ is and admit to it. Yet Christ's own people refuse to do the same or are incapable of doing so.