Author Topic: The Blessing of Obedience for blessed is the man who fears the LORD  (Read 754 times)

biblebuf

The Blessing of Obedience for blessed is the man who fears the LORD

Psalms 112:1 Praise the LORD! How blessed is the man who fears the LORD, Who greatly delights in His commandments.

Matt 10:28  "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 

Luke 12 4. "I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have no more that they can do.     
5. "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

Psalms 128 1 How blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways. 2 When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you….. 4 Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the LORD.

Acts 10 34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

Deuteronomy 14: 23 "You shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and your flock, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

Psalms 103: 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him….
17 But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children,

Luke 1: 50 "AND HIS MERCY IS UPON GENERATION AFTER GENERATION TOWARD THOSE WHO FEAR HIM.

Psalms 115: 11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield…
13 He will bless those who fear the LORD, The small together with the great.

Proverbs 16: 6
By lovingkindness and truth iniquity is atoned for, And by the fear of the LORD one keeps away from evil.

Malachi 3: 16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. 

Joshua 4: 24 that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the LORD is mighty, so that you may fear the LORD your God forever."

Proverbs 23: 17 Do not let your heart envy sinners, But live in the fear of the LORD always. 

Ecclesiastes 8: 13 But it will not be well for the evil man and he will not lengthen his days like a shadow, because he does not fear God.   

Exodus 1: 17 But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt had commanded them, but let the boys live. … 21 Because the midwives feared God, He established households for them 

macuser

Re: The Blessing of Obedience for blessed is the man who fears the LORD
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:36:07 am »
BB
This helps define what the term, 'fear the Lord' means. Fear and love can  coexist .

Hal

Re: The Blessing of Obedience for blessed is the man who fears the LORD
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:45:17 am »
Sometimes we confuse fear and respect. We must respect our lord because He will not tolerate sin. Fear a just God and love a gracious God.