Author Topic: Luke 5:1-3  (Read 887 times)

clark thompson

Luke 5:1-3
« on: September 15, 2015, 05:20:57 am »
Luke 5:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
5 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.

Luke 5:1-3
ACV 1 Now it came to pass, while the multitude pressed upon him to hear the word of God, and having stood still, he was beside the lake of Gennesaret. 2 And he saw two boats standing by the lake, but the fishermen having gone out of them, were washing their nets. 3 And having entered into one of the boats, which was Simon's, he asked him to put out a little from the land. And having sat down, he taught the crowds from the boat.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 People came to hear the word, how many of us will go out to hear the word go out of our way for the Lord, far to few are willing. How many of us want to hear God’s word so much that we beg for the word to be spoken?

2 Jesus the chance to share His Word and sees the how, when the Lord gives a chance to share the word sometimes we just got to look for the how after we are presented with the who. Being on these boats would allow everyone to see Him as He taught them.

3 To hear Jesus teach would have been a site that many of us would have liked to be at but we have His words in scripture and we spend far to less of our time reading them.

biblebuf

Re: Luke 5:1-3
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 06:23:08 pm »

People wanted to be blessed by touching Christ this not the message He wanted to teach. Christ had little time to spread the Gospel and this crowding was a hindrance.

Luke 8:45 NIV
45 "Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."

Hal

Re: Luke 5:1-3
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 12:12:44 am »
People are drawn to the light.

John 6
44.  "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.         
45.  "It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.