Author Topic: We are not of night nor of darkness, we are the light of life.  (Read 959 times)

biblebuf

We are not of night nor of darkness, we are the light of life.

"Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place, (Job 38:19 )
God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5 ) "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world." (John 9:5 ) Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." (Joh 8:12) for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light (Eph 5:8) If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:6, 7 ) so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, (Phi 2:15) giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Col 1:12-14 ) For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Cor 4:6)
for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; (1 Thes. 5:5) "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;…"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. (Matt. 5:14, 16 )
to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.' (Act 26:18)

Fat

Re: We are not of night nor of darkness, we are the light of life.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:36:45 am »
This needs to be followed up by application .  Another words, people have to see the light, you cannot cover the light and not allow it to shine. The world must be able to see Christ in you and your everyday life.

macuser

Re: We are not of night nor of darkness, we are the light of life.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 09:05:05 am »
 Unfortunately most the world is in the dark.