Author Topic: A Jealous God - Rev. C. H. Spurgeon  (Read 892 times)

Bob

A Jealous God - Rev. C. H. Spurgeon
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »
Sermon #502   A Jealous God
A Sermon Delivered On Sunday Morning, March 29, 1863, By The Rev. C. H. Spurgeon,
At The Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington.

“For The Lord, Whose Name Is Jealous, Is A Jealous God.” Exodus 34:14.

[jwp=222,22,image]http://inhisword.net/spur/mp3/no502.mp3[/jwp]

Fat

Re: A Jealous God - Rev. C. H. Spurgeon
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:38:33 pm »
Ex 20:5 "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,   

Ex 34:13-14  "But rather, you are to tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and cut down their Asherim . for you shall not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God--

Num 25:11  "Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned away My wrath from the sons of Israel in that he was jealous with My jealousy among them, so that I did not destroy the sons of Israel in My jealousy.

Deut 29:20  "The LORD shall never be willing to forgive him, but rather the anger of the LORD and His jealousy will burn against that man, and every curse which is written in this book will rest on him, and the LORD will blot out his name from under heaven.

Deut 32:16  "They made Him jealous with strange gods; With abominations they provoked Him to anger.

Deut 32:21  'They have made Me jealous with what is not God; They have provoked Me to anger with their idols. So I will make them jealous with those who are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation,     

1 Kin 14:22  Judah did evil in the sight of the LORD, and they provoked Him to jealousy more than all that their fathers had done, with the sins which they committed. 

Psa 78:58  For they provoked Him with their high places And aroused His jealousy with their graven images.

Psa 79:5 How long, O LORD? Will You be angry forever? Will Your jealousy burn like fire?

Ezek 16:42 "So I will calm My fury against you and My jealousy will depart from you, and I will be pacified and angry no more.   

Ezek 23:25  'I will set My jealousy against you, that they may deal with you in wrath. They will remove your nose and your ears; and your survivors will fall by the sword. They will take your sons and your daughters; and your survivors will be consumed by the fire. 

Ezek 36:5-6 therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom, who appropriated My land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and with scorn of soul, to drive it out for a prey." 'Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and to the hills, to the ravines and to the valleys, "Thus says the Lord GOD, 'Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and in My wrath because you have endured the insults of the nations.'

Zeph 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold Will be able to deliver them On the day of the LORD'S wrath; And all the earth will be devoured In the fire of His jealousy, For He will make a complete end, Indeed a terrifying one, Of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Zech 1:14 So the angel who was speaking with me said to me, "Proclaim, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and Zion.   

Zech 8:2 "Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'I am exceedingly jealous for Zion, yes, with great wrath I am jealous for her.'     

1 Cor 10:22  Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? We are not stronger than He, are we?