Author Topic: Luke 5:12-16  (Read 1080 times)

clark thompson

Luke 5:12-16
« on: December 08, 2015, 05:17:19 am »
Luke 5:12-16 King James Version (KJV)
12 And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
13 And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
15 But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities.
16 And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.

A Voice In The Wilderness Bible

Luke 5:12-16
5:12 And it happened when He was in a certain city, that behold, a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus, fell on his face and begged Him, saying, Lord, if You are willing, You are able to cleanse me.
5:13 Then He put out His hand and touched him, saying, I am willing; be cleansed. Immediately the leprosy left him.
5:14 And He charged him to tell no one, But go and show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing, just as Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.
5:15 However, the report went around concerning Him all the more; and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by Him of their infirmities.
5:16 And He withdrew Himself into the wilderness and prayed.

These are my thoughts, please share yours

12 It truly did not make any difference what city it was otherwise it would have been stated; sometimes the details can keep us away from the point of why we are being told something. The man called Him Lord which showed submission to Jesus as Lord and knew because of this is why He could heal him. The man knew He could make him clean it was just a matter of if He chose to.

13 He healed him just by simply speaking it this seems mighty and powerful and it is but this is from the One who spoke the world into existence healing this man was nothing He could not handle.

14 If was law to go to the priest to be declared clean so he could go back into normal life instead of being exiled, the priest would see him as clean, he would make an offering and be back into normal life again. Jesus did not want him to tell anyone because things were getting bad for Jesus they were already thinking about killing Him and this would not help things because His time was not yet.

15 The good news of Jesus can not kept silent but spreads. We are to spread the praises of the Lord.

16 Jesus went away because it was not time for Him to be king or to die.

Moss

Re: Luke 5:12-16
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »
Marks account makes it clear that the leper was responsible for spreading the word. You can understand his joy and how he wanted others to know.

Quote from: NAS
Mark 1:40-45
40 And a leper came to Jesus, beseeching Him and falling on his knees before Him, and saying, "If You are willing, You can make me clean." 41 Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed." 42 Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed. 43 And He sternly warned him and immediately sent him away, 44 and He said to him, "See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them." 45 But he went out and began to proclaim it freely and to spread the news around, to such an extent that Jesus could no longer publicly enter a city, but stayed out in unpopulated areas; and they were coming to Him from everywhere.

Hal

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 06:37:13 pm »
This leper sounds much like the centurion who new that Christ had the power to heal, and only had to will it to make it so.

BarbaraManerWheeler

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 05:22:11 am »
You stated, "13 He healed him just by simply speaking it this seems mighty and powerful and it is but this is from the One who spoke the world into existence healing this man was nothing He could not handle."

Also it helps us to appreciate how his powers to heal and cleans the earth of all of it's ills will be simple for him to do from his throne in the heavens.... He will soon end all sickness, and disease, and death will even be reversed by means of the resurrection.....
Wickedness will be obliterated.... (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
Only righteous ones will live on the earth....which was the original purpose.... (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
“He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”—Revelation 21:4
“The lame one will climb up just as a stag does.”—Isaiah 35:6
“The eyes of the blind ones will be opened.”—Isaiah 35:5
“All those in the memorial tombs will . . . come out.”—John 5:28, 29
“No resident will say: ‘I am sick.’”—Isaiah 33:24
“There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth.”—Psalm 72:16

These are promises, not illusions or false hopes, not merely childish dreams.

Moss

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 09:47:44 am »
 No person is going to be able to work themselves into righteousness in God's eyes.  And until you understand this yourself salvation is out of your grasp.

“as it is written, "T HERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;”
Romans‬ 3:10‬ NASB‬‬