Author Topic: He made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant.  (Read 700 times)

biblebuf

He made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant.

And from above the expanse that was over their heads was a likeness like a sapphire stone, the likeness of a throne. And on the likeness of the throne was a likeness looking like a man on it from above. (Ezek. 1:26 )
For God is one, and there is one Mediator of God and of men, the Man Christ Jesus, (1 Tim. 2:5 )   but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Phil. 2:7, 8 ) Since then the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise partook of the same; that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death (that is, the Devil), (Heb. 2:14 )
and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and of death. (Rev. 1:18 ) knowing that when Christ was raised from the dead, He dies no more; death no longer has dominion over Him. (Rom. 6:9 ) Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth; (Philippians 2:9-10) Then what if you should see the Son of Man going up where He was before? (John 6:62 ) which He worked in Christ in raising Him from the dead, and He seated Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, (Eph. 1:20 ) For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. (Col. 2:9 ) And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority is given to Me in Heaven and in earth. (Matthew 28:18)  for even if He was crucified out of weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For indeed even we are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you), (2 Cor. 13:4 ) far above all principality and authority and power and dominion, and every name being named, not only in this world, but also in the coming age. And He has put all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, (Ephesians 1:21-22)