Author Topic: In our affliction consolation also abounds by Christ.  (Read 585 times)

biblebuf

In our affliction consolation also abounds by Christ.
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:27:51 pm »

In our affliction consolation also abounds by Christ.

And the name of the second he called Ephraim, saying, For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction. (Gen. 41:52 ) And He said to Abram, You must surely know that your seed shall be a stranger in a land not theirs, and shall serve them. And they shall afflict them four hundred years. And also I will judge that nation whom they shall serve. And afterward they shall come out with great substance. (Gen 15:13-14)
 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, He comforting us in all our trouble, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in every trouble, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds by Christ.    (2 Cor. 1:3-5 )
in which you greatly rejoice, yet a little while, if need be, grieving in manifold temptations; so that the trial of your faith (being much more precious than that of gold that perishes, but being proven through fire) might be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, (1 Pet. 1:6, 7 )  But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, that through me the preaching might be fulfilled, and that all the nations might hear. And I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. (2 Tim 4:17 )
 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing, as to a faithful Creator. (1 Pet. 4:19 ) Behold, blessed is the man whom God corrects. Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.  (Job 5:17)
I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in Me. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world. (John 16:33) confirming the souls of the disciples, calling on them to continue in the faith and that through much tribulation we must enter into the kingdom of God.  (Acts 14:22) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us.(Rom 8:18) For the lightness of our present affliction works out for us a far more excellent eternal weight of glory,  (2 Cor 4:17)

Fat

Re: In our affliction consolation also abounds by Christ.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 03:23:32 pm »
If you believe that God has a plan for us all and that all things work for the good of those who love Him, is it right to ask Him why have done this (affliction) to me (him/her/us)? Ask Job.

Rom 8:28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God:those who are called according to His purpose. For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified