Bible Talk > Apologetics

Works

<< < (2/2)

biblebuf:
Hello Dandi  :)

--- Quote ---They do believe, however, that faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice and an obedient inclination along with the mercy expressed by Jesus and his Father is what leads to forgiveness of sins.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: John 6 (NWT) --- 44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him; and I will resurrect him in the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by Jehovah.’ Everyone that has heard from the Father and has learned comes to me. 46 Not that any man has seen the Father, except he who is from God; this one has seen the Father. 47 Most truly I say to YOU, He that believes has everlasting life.
--- End quote ---

The teacher of course is the Holy Spirit. It take all three members of the Trinity to get you to salvation and as Paul said nothing from yourself.   
--- Quote from: Eph 2 ---8 For by grace you have been saved through faith ; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God ; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
--- End quote ---

I have never received a gift that I have had to work for. I do however like to exchange gifts.

I love verse 10 your bible is also good-
10 For we are a product of his work and were created in union with Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance for us to walk in them.

And Christ will resurrect us in the last day!

Bob:
Hi everyone and happy Easter.

Our relationship with Christ is referred to as a marriage many time in the Scriptures. In a marriage both partners have obligation to each other. But when you talk with a HAPPILY married couple you won't find that they feel this obligation because these so called obligations are taken on as acts of love. We feel good just seeing that our spouse enjoys our work for them.

So it is with the elect and Christ, and the labor that the shepherd has for His sheep.

Fat:
Rom 4
1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found ? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say ? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

This is a sentiment repeated over and over by Paul.
Works come from love.

biblebuf:
Look at it this way, if you believe that you cannot achieve your salvation without works, then you are saying that Christ's sacrifice is insufficient for your redemption.
However if you say that your works are product of your salvation brought to you by Christ sacrifice, then you're even giving more power to the blood of Christ by showing the complete change brought about in your repentance.

BB

Fat:

Making yourself self-righteous

Really what you're talking about when you talk about works for salvation, is about making yourself self-righteous. You are saying that through works you can convince God that you are righteous enough to enter His kingdom. I won't even bother to enumerate the Scriptures that show this is impossible. Your sin has to be covered and it cannot be covered except through the blood of Christ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version