Bible Talk > Apologetics

EFFECTUAL CALLING BY THE Rev. JAMES SMITH

<< < (2/3) > >>

savedbymercy:

--- Quote ---EFFECTUAL CALLING
--- End quote ---

This is a call specifically for God's Elect, the Heirs of Salvation ! Its also means being called by Grace as here Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

All the Body of Christ, the Church of Christ, whom He gave Himself for, must partake of this Call of Grace !

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: biblebuf on June 13, 2012, 01:21:33 pm ---That is not my understanding.

Matthew 20:16 KJV
So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matthew 22:14 KJV
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Luke 13:23 KJV
 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved ? And he said unto them, 24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in , and shall not be able

--- End quote ---

You might also note that He says very few ever find the gate or door.

Fat:

--- Quote from: Theodore A. Jones on September 25, 2012, 05:24:45 pm ---You might also note that He says very few ever find the gate or door.

--- End quote ---

You have to be lead to the gate. Jhn 6:44

philer:

--- Quote from: Fat on June 15, 2012, 01:17:10 pm ---I don't know guys if I would try to guess if he was right or not. Look what will be coming out of great tribulation.

Revelation 7:9 KJV
After this I beheld , and, lo , a great multitude, which no man could number , of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

--- End quote ---

indeed a great number will be redeemed, but we must take into consideration the text says rev7: 14     And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."  this is not indicating THE GREAT TRIBULATION, but tribulation in general through out history. And though they be great in number in of themselves,they are not a great number in comparison to the population of the world through time by comparison are small or few.  There was an interesting point made by peter though, which is worthy of consideration, 2 peter 2:21 for it were better to them not to have acknowledged the way of the righteousness, than having acknowledged it, to turn back from the holy command delivered to them,"  what is peter suggesting here,that ignorance might offer some form of possible hope for redemption? but we must take GOD at his word and that he cannot lie that few find the way to eternal life, but does it mean many will not be given it later on as a matter of grace due to ignorance? its interesting

Fat:

--- Quote from: philer on September 29, 2012, 06:06:43 am --- There was an interesting point made by peter though, which is worthy of consideration, 2 peter 2:21 for it were better to them not to have acknowledged the way of the righteousness, than having acknowledged it, to turn back from the holy command delivered to them,"  what is peter suggesting here,that ignorance might offer some form of possible hope for redemption? but we must take GOD at his word and that he cannot lie that few find the way to eternal life, but does it mean many will not be given it later on as a matter of grace due to ignorance? its interesting

--- End quote ---

Not if Peter is saying that there are level in hell, and there are indication there are.

Matthew 23:14
Luke 20:47
Luke 12:47-48
Mark 12:40

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version