Author Topic: THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT  (Read 800 times)

biblebuf

THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:15:56 am »

THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT

John 13:14, 15  ”If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.

John 13:34, 35. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 15:12, 13 "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

Romans 12:9, 10  [Let] love [be] without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.
 [Be] devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;

Romans 13:8, 9, 10  Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."  Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of [the] law.

1 John 4:7. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1 Corinthians 13:2, 4, 13 If I have [the gift of] prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  Love is patient, love is kind [and] is not jealous; love does not brag [and] is not arrogant,  But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Proverbs 10:12. Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Luke 6:32. "If you love those who love you, what credit is [that] to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

Matthew 5:44. "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Galatians 5:13, 22. For you were called to freedom, brethren; only [do] not [turn] your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

1 Timothy 1:14. and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are [found] in Christ Jesus.

Fat

Re: THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:31:35 am »
A wise lover values not so much the gift of the lover as the love of the giver.
Thomas à Kempis (c. 1380–1471)

Christian love links love of God and love of neighbor in a twofold Great Commandment from which neither element can be dropped, so sin against neighbor through lack of human love is sin against God.
Georgia Harkness (1891–1979)

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
Henry Ward Beecher (1813–1887)

If you love, you will suffer, and if you do not love, you do not know the meaning of a Christian life.
Agatha Christie (1891–1976)

Jesus redefines the meaning of love for neighbor; it means love for any man in need.
George Eldon Ladd (1911–1982)

Love is higher than the other gifts in value; love is the one gift open to every member of the church. It is not dependent on ability, popularity, or shrewdness. The greatest path is open to the least of travelers.
Erwin W. Lutzer

Love is not the work of the Holy Spirit, it is the Holy Spirit—working in us. God is love, he doesn’t merely have it or give it; he gives himself—to all men, to all sorts and conditions.
Joseph Fletcher

Nobody will know what you mean by saying that “God is love” unless you act it as well.
Lawrence Pearsall Jacks (1860–1955)

One cannot love his neighbor unless he loves God.
Erwin W. Lutzer

The love that Christ commands is not easy, even for people who are blessed with great natural warmth of heart. And it is not impossible, even for those of us who tend to be crabby and short-tempered. For Christian love is not a vague feeling of affection for someone. It is rather a condition of the heart and will that causes us to seek the welfare of others—including people we don’t particularly like, and even people who have done us wrong.
Louis Cassels (1922–1974)

There is only one being who loves perfectly, and that is God, yet the New Testament distinctly states that we are to love as God does; so the first step is obvious. If ever we are going to have perfect love in our hearts we must have the very nature of God in us.
Oswald Chambers (1874–1917)

When you come to Jesus Christ and accept him as your Lord and Savior, he gives you a supernatural love that allows you to love your enemy whom you normally would not love.
Billy Graham

You cannot love a fellow creature till you love God.
C. S. Lewis (1898–1963)