What is Kingdom Now teaching?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Iconoclast:
Hal
Hello Hal,

I find your responses a bit curious :-\

--- Quote ---Job was not confronted by Scripture
--- End quote ---

Jobs "friends" were trying to help...but what they offered did not work in the situation.That is what the reference was for. It is not certain if there was any written manuscripts then as some suggest Job was one of the first books written, but that is besides the point here. lets stay more on topic if we could.

--- Quote ---If you say that the conclusion of the article is wrong and you don’t believe it then so be it
--- End quote ---

The article is speaking of some aberrant groups...which i have not looked into very much as I mostly will avoid dwelling on such error. So i have not spent much time going over their ideas. later on i will look at the posted material in more detail.

--- Quote ---But I have an idea you’re going to try and justify it by use of misinterpreted Scripture.

--- End quote ---

Hal... ??? ???Are you a the glass is half empty kind of guy? ???

--- Quote ---God doesn’t break convent.
--- End quote ---

No one has suggested such a thing ;)

Hal:

--- Quote from: Iconoclast on July 17, 2018, 11:25:36 am ---Hal
Hello Hal,

I find your responses a bit curious :-\

Jobs "friends" were trying to help...but what they offered did not work in the situation.That is what the reference was for. It is not certain if there was any written manuscripts then as some suggest Job was one of the first books written, but that is besides the point here. lets stay more on topic if we could.

The article is speaking of some aberrant groups...which i have not looked into very much as I mostly will avoid dwelling on such error. So i have not spent much time going over their ideas. later on i will look at the posted material in more detail.

Hal... ??? ???Are you a the glass is half empty kind of guy? ???

No one has suggested such a thing ;)

--- End quote ---

So why don’t you go through the bullet points in fats post and tell us where you stand on them.

Iconoclast:
Hal,
i drive commercially for a living...stopped for a small lunch break just inside Ohio...have to go about  350-400 more miles today into central Indiana..

When i finish driving for the day...i will look at both the OP, and fat's post line by line, but i can see by the suspects named in fat's post that they are not friends of the truth.
These kind of false teachers make a living taking some historical positions and twisting them so they can make monetary gain.I do not follow these kind of persons. my friends are found among the puritans and reformers.
i have had to re-examine what i believed in times past as I have come to understand other things in scripture. perhaps you will find yourself doing the same. ;)

Hal:
Drive safely.

Iconoclast:
macuser

--- Quote ---What is Kingdom Now teaching?
--- End quote ---

Whatever it is...we have to examine it in light of scripture.

This quote from gotquestions gives an overview....but in general this is not the best source...

--- Quote ---Answer: Kingdom Now theology is a theological belief within the Charismatic movement of Protestant Christianity
--- End quote ---

The Charismatic movement is fatally flawed and at best some survivors will come out of it and land on their feet...it is laden with error. As I said earlier they do not have sound theology on their own and they take true ideas and distort them.

--- Quote ---mainly in the United States.
--- End quote ---

Several missionaries have lamented how they are an evil influence on the mission field as well.

--- Quote ---Kingdom Now proponents believe that God lost control over the world to Satan when Adam and Eve sinned.
--- End quote ---

:-[ Well...if they ever read their bible they might learn the lesson from Dan.4:

34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

From the 1689 confession of faith;
Chapter 3: Of God's Decree
1._____   God hath decreed in himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass; yet so as thereby is God neither the author of sin nor hath fellowship with any therein; nor is violence offered to the will of the creature, nor yet is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established; in which appears his wisdom in disposing all things, and power and faithfulness in accomplishing his decree.
( Isaiah 46:10; Ephesians 1:11; Hebrews 6:17; Romans 9:15, 18; James 1:13; 1 John 1:5; Acts 4:27, 28; John 19:11; Numbers 23:19; Ephesians 1:3-5 )
2._____   Although God knoweth whatsoever may or can come to pass, upon all supposed conditions, yet hath he not decreed anything, because he foresaw it as future, or as that which would come to pass upon such conditions.
( Acts 15:18; Romans 9:11, 13, 16, 18 )

--- Quote --- Since then, the theology goes, God has been trying to reestablish control over the world by seeking a special group of believers—known variously as "covenant people," "overcomers," or "Joel's army"—and that through these people, social institutions (including governments and laws) would be brought under God's authority.
--- End quote ---

Here is the problem with many errors....they use biblical words....devoid of biblical truth.
the word overcomers in rev.2-3 is a biblical word.....Covenant...a biblical word...dominion, authority, biblical words.

Roman Catholics use the word grace...but have a works gospel.

--- Quote ---The belief is that, since believers are indwelt by the same Holy Spirit that indwelt Jesus, we have all authority in heaven and on the earth; we have the power to believe for and speak into existence things that are not, and thus we can bring about the Kingdom Age.
--- End quote ---

Word of faith nonsense has to be soundly rejected. Many professed Christians get fooled for awhile.

--- Quote ---Among the most controversial tenets of the theology is the belief that secular or non-Christian society will never succeed
--- End quote ---

The only thing causing any societal change will be when the gospel triumphs through regenerating sinners.

--- Quote ---Hence, Kingdom Now opposes a separation of church and state
--- End quote ---

This is a topic all by itself....

--- Quote ---Other beliefs include the idea that, as the Body of Christ, we are Christ. In other words, we have His divine nature.
--- End quote ---

When you have a wrong view of scripture, a wrong view of God, a wrong understanding of the Church....your theology is non existent.

--- Quote --- Proponents of Kingdom Now teaching also don’t believe in the rapture, which is explained away as a feeling of rapture or excitement when the Lord returns to receive the kingdom from our hands
--- End quote ---
The rapture is the last day...

--- Quote ---In other words, everyone will be "caught up" emotionally when He returns
--- End quote ---

There is no scripture on this.

--- Quote ---Also among the unbiblical beliefs is the idea that all prophecies regarding future Israel—both in the Old and New Testaments—actually apply to the church.
--- End quote ---
This is also a large discussion to dismiss so lightly.

--- Quote ---Kingdom Now theology sees the second coming of Jesus in two stages: first through the flesh of the believers (and in particular the flesh of today's apostles and prophets),
--- End quote ---

Unscriptural nonsense. There are no apostles and prophets today.

--- Quote ---and then in person to take over the kingdom handed to Him by those who have been victorious (the "overcomers"). Prior to the second coming, overcomers must purge the earth of all evil influences. Kingdom Now claims that Jesus cannot return until all His enemies have been put under the feet of the church (including death, presumably).

--- End quote ---

too many mixed up ideas here that have to be untangled.

--- Quote ---Although there are people who only partially hold to Kingdom Now teachings, they still share the beliefs outlined above,
--- End quote ---

way too general a statement again...too many loopholes...

--- Quote ---all of which are outside of mainstream Christianity and all of which deny Scripture
--- End quote ---

Specific ideas have to be used here.

--- Quote ---First, the idea that God has “lost control” of anything is ludicrous, especially coupled with the idea that He needs human beings to help Him regain that control. He is the sovereign Lord of the universe, complete and holy, perfect in all His attributes. He has complete control over all things—past, present and future—and nothing happens outside His command. Everything is proceeding according to His divine plan and purpose, and not one molecule is moving on its own accord. “For the LORD Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?” (Isaiah 14:27).
--- End quote ---
Correct ;)

--- Quote ---As for men having “the power to believe for and speak into existence things that are not,” that power belongs to God alone, who doesn’t take kindly to those who would attempt to usurp it from Him. “Remember this, and be a man; return it on your heart, O sinners. Remember former things from forever; for I am God, and no other is God, even none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, ‘My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure’; calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my purpose from a far country. Yes, I have spoken, I will also cause it to come; I have formed; yes, I will do it” (Isaiah 46:8–11).
--- End quote ---

Also correct.

--- Quote ---The idea that the church has replaced Israel and that the fulfillment of the prophecies to Israel pertain to the church is known as Replacement theology, and it is unbiblical. The promises to Israel will be fulfilled in Israel, not in the church. God’s blessings to Israel are eternal, and they are without recall
--- End quote ---

This is being discussed on the board.....many errors to unravel....many who make such a charge are themselves in error and conta-scripture.
Many of these errors spring from flawed dispensational teachings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version