Author Topic: Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!  (Read 6800 times)

BCsenior

Re: Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 03:19:02 pm »
I sure do ... I'm a BAC and Spirit-filled also.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:06:08 am by BCsenior »

BCsenior

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 09:06:34 am »
Does anyone know what BAC stands for?

Fat

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:49 pm »

Born again critic .
Believers against  circumcision .

BCsenior

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 04:09:53 pm »
Born again critic . Believers against  circumcision .
Your answers show an alive imagination compared to mine, which is:
Born Again Christian.

macuser

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 06:18:11 pm »

Bad a$$ Catholic

Frank T

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 07:04:04 pm »
I sure do ... I'm a BAC and Spirit-filled also.

One in the same:

John 3:5 - NAS
5. Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 - NAS
38. Peter [said] to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - KJV
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Matthew 3:11 - NAS
11. "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Ephesians 4:5 - NAS
5. one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Acts 19:1-6
It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism."

Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus." When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.

Titus 3:5 - NAS
5. He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Romans 8:26
26. In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for [us] with groanings too deep for words;

Ephesians 1:13 NAS
13. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

BCsenior

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 11:31:50 am »
I'm a BAC and Spirit-filled also.

One in the same:

Actually, if you want the truth (which most people don't want to hear) ...
the term "Spirit-filled" refers to BACs who have been baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Jesus has given these BACs the Spirit to over-flowing (the evidence is tongues).

IOW, BACs have received the Spirit INSIDE, but they are NOT filled.
Spirit-baptized BACs received the Spirit UPON them when they were Spirit-baptized.
This is NOT to be confused with BACs being baptized into the church by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 12:13).

If this doesn't help you, it may help someone else understand the difference.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:34:20 am by BCsenior »

Moss

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2020, 01:47:13 pm »
You know that there will be a judgment for the saved when we will be held accountable for our lives as Christians. This is also where good works will be looked at. No one from that judgement will be sent to hell but there will be consequences.

Moss

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2020, 05:12:52 pm »

Forgiveness of sin is a continual process.

Agreed, this is why we ask continualy for forgiveness (daily)

We do this every year on Yom Kippur when we fast and pray for forgiveness.

And if you die the day before Yom Kippur are your sins for that year a ticket to Hell?

This act atones for sins against God in spirit.

Humm no animal sacrifice for your atonement of your sins?

Lev 4:35 And all its fat he shall remove cas the fat of the lamb is removed from the sacrifice of peace offerings, and the priest shall burn it on the altar, on top of the Lord’s food offerings. And the priest shall make atonement for him for the sin which he has committed, and he shall be forgiven.

Lev 5:10 Then he shall offer the second for a burnt offering according to the rule. And the priest shall make atonement for him for the sin that he has committed, and he shall be forgiven.

But there is a new covenant.

John 1:29
The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 9:26
Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Romans 3:25
whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;

Ephesians 1:7
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

1 John 2:2
and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Matthew 1:21
She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Galatians 1:4
who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood—

Things like not keeping the dietary laws or working on the Sabbath.

Mark 7:18-24
18. And He said to them, "Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, 19. because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" ([Thus He] declared all foods clean.) 20. And He was saying, "That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21. "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22. deeds of coveting [and] wickedness, [as well] [as] deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride [and] foolishness. 23. "All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man." 24. Jesus got up and went away from there to the region of Tyre. And when He had entered a house, He wanted no one to know [of it]; yet He could not escape notice.

If we sin against a person, we also must confess and make restitution to the one we have sinned against.

Agreed!

We also cannot repeat the same mistakes/sins. If you sin against God's person, there is no forgiveness. If you sin against God, you're dead.

If that is the case we are all dead!

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.

Romans 3:10 As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;

But!

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Exodus 32:33. ""...Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book".

Reference to Psalms 69:28. May they be blotted out of the book of life And may they not be recorded with the righteous.

OT Book of Life vs Lamb’s Book of Life - It is clear that the book of life is now in the Hands of Christ

Revelation 3:5 He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 13:8. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, [everyone] whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Revelation 21:27. and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Acts 4:12. "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Moss

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 07:53:29 pm »
God is the only one who is good. He is perfect and holy. Sacrifice is only offered and accepted at the Temple in Jerusalem. There hasn't been a Temple in 2000 years. God prefers righteousness over sacrifice. The only commandment Jesus gave as part of his New Covenant was to love each other. We must rely on God's mercy if we die before Yom Kippur. The guilty will be cut off on Judgment Day. They are those who have committed a deadly sin and those who refuse to repent of their sin.

You can’t have it both ways. Either forgiveness is by the the law or by grace.
Non of us can obey the law and none of us Deserves God’s grace.

“The reason is so that the sons of Israel may bring their sacrifices which they were sacrificing in the open field, that they may bring them in to the LORD, at the doorway of the tent of meeting to the priest, and sacrifice them as sacrifices of peace offerings to the LORD.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.’”
Leviticus‬ 17:5, 11‬ NASB‬‬

“For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives. Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood. For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, “T HIS IS THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT WHICH GOD COMMANDED YOU.” And in the same way he sprinkled both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry with the blood. And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.”
Hebrews‬ 9:17-22‬ NASB‬‬

You earn your way to heaven by obeying the law or take the grace available through the shedding of Christ blood?

Moss

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 02:27:38 pm »
There is no human substitution for punishment of sin. Everyone will be put to death for their own sin. Jesus said you literally have to eat his body and drink his blood to be saved. John 6:48-58. Drinking blood is not permitted, nor is cannibalism. Jesus was tortured to death which is also against God's law.

You should read the whole book before you make comments like that.

Christ was fully Man and Fully God. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

NOW READ WHAT WAS BEING SAID!

Luke 22
17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Please don't throw your soul into Satans hands, he is the chief liar. Don't take the route Eve did.