Poll

Should churches yoked themselves with other churches they feel are in error?

No
4 (66.7%)
Yes
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Unity amongst the denominations - a dilemma  (Read 17568 times)

biblebuf

Re: Unity amongst the denominations - a dilemma
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2012, 01:12:27 pm »
It was meant to mean forgive.  In fact, that's what it means. 

Sorry.

No it's not, at least in the manner your holy father would have you believe.

Matthew 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

chestertonrules

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 01:23:04 pm »
No it's not, at least in the manner your holy father would have you believe.

Matthew 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

You are repeating yourself again.   I guess you have reached a dead end.

Jesus gave the apostles the authority to forgive sins in his name.  Jesus promised the apostles that the Holy Spirit would lead them into all Truth and  that he would never abandon them.  He said that he would be with them and the Church until the end of the world.  He gave them the power to bind and loose, as well, and he gave Peter the keys to the Kingdom.

Protestants deny these things because the reveal the flaws in the reasoning of the Reformers.

I once believed as you do, but I have studied history and scripture and now see the Truth.

chestertonrules

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2012, 01:23:22 pm »
Limited.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

What do you think, was Peter sent to give you eternal life? But you don't understand do you?

Peter is not God.  You are changing the subject.

Did Jesus have the authority to grant authority to the apostles?

biblebuf

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2012, 06:13:25 pm »
You are repeating yourself again.   I guess you have reached a dead end.

Jesus gave the apostles the authority to forgive sins in his name.  Jesus promised the apostles that the Holy Spirit would lead them into all Truth and  that he would never abandon them.  He said that he would be with them and the Church until the end of the world.  He gave them the power to bind and loose, as well, and he gave Peter the keys to the Kingdom.

Protestants deny these things because the reveal the flaws in the reasoning of the Reformers.

I once believed as you do, but I have studied history and scripture and now see the Truth.

You have no clue what I believe.

But I can see what you believe.
You go to your pedophile and ask for forgiveness for your sins.
There are no flaws in the Gospel. You have left the gospel and gone to man-made tradition.

biblebuf

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:03 pm »
Peter is not God.  You are changing the subject.

Did Jesus have the authority to grant authority to the apostles?

Right, Peter is not God. And I gave you the answer to your question, apparently you don't want to hear it.

2 timothy 3:16
2 timothy 4:2-4

There is a reason the Catholic Church does not want to study the Bible and only gives you little bits and pieces of it. You make assumptions that aren't there and you tell us it's tradition.

The Woman and the Scarlet Beast
1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me: "Come, I will show you the judgment of the notorious prostitute who sits on many waters. 2 The kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her, and those who live on the earth became drunk on the wine of her sexual immorality." 3 So he carried me away in the Spirit to a desert. I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names, having seven heads and 10 horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, precious stones, and pearls. She had a gold cup in her hand filled with everything vile and with the impurities of her prostitution. 5 On her forehead a cryptic name was written: BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE VILE THINGS OF THE EARTH 6 Then I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the saints and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus. When I saw her, I was utterly astounded.
The Meaning of the Woman and of the Beast
7 Then the angel said to me, "Why are you astounded? I will tell you the secret meaning of the woman and of the beast, with the seven heads and the 10 horns, that carries her. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up from the abyss and go to destruction. Those who live on the earth whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will be astounded when they see the beast that was, and is not, and will be present [again]. 9 "Here is the mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated. 10 They are also seven kings: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he comes, he must remain for a little while. 11 The beast that was and is not, is himself the eighth, yet is of the seven and goes to destruction. 12 The 10 horns you saw are 10 kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they will receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. 13 These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast. 14 These will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings. Those with Him are called and elect and faithful." 15 He also said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute was seated, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and languages. 16 The 10 horns you saw, and the beast, will hate the prostitute. They will make her desolate and naked, devour her flesh, and burn her up with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to carry out His plan by having one purpose, and to give their kingdom to the beast until God's words are accomplished. 18 And the woman you saw is the great city that has an empire over the kings of the earth."

chestertonrules

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 07:07:26 pm »
Right, Peter is not God. And I gave you the answer to your question, apparently you don't want to hear it.

2 timothy 3:16
2 timothy 4:2-4

There is a reason the Catholic Church does not want to study the Bible and only gives you little bits and pieces of it. You make assumptions that aren't there and you tell us it's tradition.

[

Another false assumption.  As St. Jerome, the great Catholic theologian said, "Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ"

Catholics read three bible readings at every mass.  The Catholic mass is immersed in scripture.  You have been misinformed.

I once believed as you do beacuse I was ignorant.  You don't have to remain ignorant.

biblebuf

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
Another false assumption.  As St. Jerome, the great Catholic theologian said, "Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ"

Catholics read three bible readings at every mass.  The Catholic mass is immersed in scripture.  You have been misinformed.

I once believed as you do beacuse I was ignorant.  You don't have to remain ignorant.

What a great opportunity you are missing for a personal relationship with Christ. Don't you think that Christ coming down to lay his life down for your sins means that He loves you enough that he wants to be your personal savior?

Do you think that Christ too busy to deal directly with you? After all doesn't He know every hair on your head, every thought in your mind? He took the time to make you every cell in your body, He has enough time to know when a sparrow falls from the sky, what makes you think he doesn't have the time for you?

He said to you ask and you shall receive, but you refuse to go to him directly, are you're so ashamed of your relationship that you have to go to third parties to communicate with your Creator?

Breakaway from your cult, you only have one Holy Father, and He want you close not far away talking to someone who does not love you anywhere near what He does.

chestertonrules

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 07:32:49 am »
What a great opportunity you are missing for a personal relationship with Christ. Don't you think that Christ coming down to lay his life down for your sins means that He loves you enough that he wants to be your personal savior?

Do you think that Christ too busy to deal directly with you? After all doesn't He know every hair on your head, every thought in your mind? He took the time to make you every cell in your body, He has enough time to know when a sparrow falls from the sky, what makes you think he doesn't have the time for you?

He said to you ask and you shall receive, but you refuse to go to him directly, are you're so ashamed of your relationship that you have to go to third parties to communicate with your Creator?

Breakaway from your cult, you only have one Holy Father, and He want you close not far away talking to someone who does not love you anywhere near what He does.

Your ignorance of Catholicism is impressive.  Unfortunately, it is not rare.

What makes you think that I don't have a relationship with Christ?

I love Jesus and his Church.

From the Prologue to the Catholic Catechism:

"FATHER, this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. God our Savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved  - than the name of JESUS.

biblebuf

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 11:31:58 am »
Your ignorance of Catholicism is impressive.  Unfortunately, it is not rare.

What makes you think that I don't have a relationship with Christ?

I love Jesus and his Church.

From the Prologue to the Catholic Catechism:

"FATHER, this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. God our Savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved  - than the name of JESUS.

Is that the Father (God) or the father (holy father pope)? Strange the bible refers to God as Father but you call the pope Holy Father.

Matt. 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

I know it's tradition so it's OK.
I'll be praying you see the truth and it would help if you would try praying directly to the Father through Christ. I don't think that is against the Catholic rules is it? Take care.

chestertonrules

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04:35 pm »
Is that the Father (God) or the father (holy father pope)? Strange the bible refers to God as Father but you call the pope Holy Father.

Matt. 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

I know it's tradition so it's OK.
I'll be praying you see the truth and it would help if you would try praying directly to the Father through Christ. I don't think that is against the Catholic rules is it? Take care.

What do you call your father?  How about your teacher?

Context is important.

What did Paul mean here?

1 Cor 4:15
Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

biblebuf

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2012, 01:53:20 pm »

What do you call your father?  How about your teacher?

Context is important.

What did Paul mean here?

1 Cor 4:15
Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

I'm sorry but we are talk the use of the term holy father. the holyfather.

What part of this do you not believe to be a comand from Christ?

Who is the Catholics Holy Father?

I thought you said you were close to Christ.

chestertonrules

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2012, 07:50:23 pm »
I'm sorry but we are talk the use of the term holy father. the holyfather.

You didn't answer my question.  What do you call your Father?  Also, Jesus said call no man teacher.  What did you call your teachers?

The point Jesus was making is that we should not give to man respect that is due to God. 

Why did Paul tell the Corinthians that he had become their spiritual father?

biblebuf

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »
You didn't answer my question.  What do you call your Father?  Also, Jesus said call no man teacher.  What did you call your teachers?

The point Jesus was making is that we should not give to man respect that is due to God. 

chestertonrules

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 06:38:17 am »

What do you call your Father? Also, Jesus said call no man teacher.  What did you call your teachers?

The Pope is a servant of servants whose time is not his own.  He works for the body of Christ.   He gives glory to God with his words and actions.

biblebuf

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 08:30:05 am »

What do you call your Father? Also, Jesus said call no man teacher.  What did you call your teachers?

The Pope is a servant of servants whose time is not his own.  He works for the body of Christ.   He gives glory to God with his words and actions.