Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

The doctrine of Christ

<< < (3/3)

Isaiah9Six:
The resurrection from the dead is somewhat a controversial subject. If you talk to one person they say that the faithful dead in Christ will rise at one time and that there is another resurrection at a later time for the wicked. Others say there is just one general resurrection for both the righteous and the unrighteous. What I have the responsibility of doing is presenting what the bible says and leaving my opinion out of it. If there is debate about what the scriptures reveal the argument is not with me but with God who breathed them.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Jesus said the hour is coming and he emphasised it by saying it was now. That now are person could hear the good news of the kingdom and live. The wages of sin then and now is death, as many who heard the glorious gospel of the kingdom and entered therein would find life. Jesus speaks of another hour that is future, it is yet to come in the which all that are in the graves will come forth. They that have done good to the resurrection of life, they that have done evil to the resurrection of damnation.

Moving on to the last point to consider for sound doctrine, the eternal judgement.

I think the word to consider when talking about judgement is "eternal". There will not be another chance to get it right, when judgement day comes that is the end.

1 Cor. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.   22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Christ is reigning now, when his reign ends it is the end of time as we know it. The right to rule will be given over to the Father and all things will be as they were in the beginning.

Thanks to those who have responded to this post, I hope the things I shared shed some light on what sound doctrine is. May God bless.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version