Author Topic: JESUS AT BETHESDA—OR, WAITING CHANGED FOR BELIEVING - SPURGEON  (Read 334 times)

Bob

Sermon #744
JESUS AT BETHESDA—OR, WAITING CHANGED FOR BELIEVING
DELIVERED ON LORD’S-DAY MORNING, APRIL 7, 1867,
BY C. H. SPURGEON,
AT THE AGRICULTURAL HALL, ISLINGTON.

“After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market, a pool which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool and troubled the water: whoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatever disease he had. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty-and-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, He said unto him, Will you be made whole? The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steps down before me. Jesus said unto him, Rise, take up your bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the Sabbath.”
John 5:1-9.

[jwp=222,22,image]http://baptistforum.net/inhisword/spur/mp3/no744.mp3[/jwp]