Author Topic: the sin you cannot stop?  (Read 2348 times)

bibledan

the sin you cannot stop?
« on: September 30, 2012, 06:03:10 pm »
You are suppose to confess sins ask forgiveness and of course cease committing sin.   What if you have sin you cannot stop committing.

I.E. remarriage after a divorce. If you are already remarried when find Christ. My preacher says leave wife go back to first or not marry but leave 2nd spouce.  "I disagree "

What if you are a homosexual?  Even if you do not act on it Jesus said if you look at woman in lust you commit adulatory (not quote I know)  so if you are homosexual and desire same sex you would be committing sin.

Or if you are in loveless marriage one which hurts you and your faith, but you cannot remain celibate "you personally know it " so if you divorce then you would end up committing sin. 

In a culture which violates your beliefs as if Christian in Islamic family.

Point is sins not able to quit.  How can you be forgiven?

Fat

Re: the sin you cannot stop?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 06:57:27 pm »
You are suppose to confess sins ask forgiveness and of course cease committing sin.   What if you have sin you cannot stop committing.

I.E. remarriage after a divorce. If you are already remarried when find Christ. My preacher says leave wife go back to first or not marry but leave 2nd spouce.  "I disagree "

I agree with you Dan.
There's nothing against remarrying after divorce of the divorce was done in the biblical parameters. (And I tell you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.)
I'll assume your question is about outside these perimeters. When you remarry you become one flesh with the second spouse. To leave her and go back to the first would just compound what you have done. Deuteronomy 24:1-4 Jeremiah 3:1

What if you are a homosexual?  Even if you do not act on it Jesus said if you look at woman in lust you commit adulatory (not quote I know)  so if you are homosexual and desire same sex you would be committing sin.

Here is the sin for this scenario.
 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

Or if you are in loveless marriage one which hurts you and your faith, but you cannot remain celibate "you personally know it " so if you divorce then you would end up committing sin.  YES

In a culture which violates your beliefs as if Christian in Islamic family.

Addressed in 1 Corinthians 7:12-14

Point is sins not able to quit.  How can you be forgiven?

As you see some of these points are addressed by the Bible. Leaving a loveless marriage is a deliberate sin unless of course it is a matter of abandonment for another. I think in most cases like this you would find that the other spouse has formed a relationship with another party, in such a case a divorce is biblically acceptable.

I think the big sin here and all your scenarios is putting the love for yourself before your love for Christ.

The devil made me do it is a real sorry excuse.

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:58 pm »
As you see some of these points are addressed by the Bible. Leaving a loveless marriage is a deliberate sin unless of course it is a matter of abandonment for another. I think in most cases like this you would find that the other spouse has formed a relationship with another party, in such a case a divorce is biblically acceptable.

I think the big sin here and all your scenarios is putting the love for yourself before your love for Christ.

The devil made me do it is a real sorry excuse.

Mark 12:30 CSB
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.

bibledan

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »
Ok lets say I divorced first wife because I did not like her hair color. I was an A$$ hole but I want to change so I need forgiveness how do I get forgiveness for sin if I cannot stop committing it.

Covet nieboirs wife well point is if I look at female in lustful way and married I commit adultery.  With that logic than homosexual looking at same sex is committing sin. And cannot stop being homosexual. So cannot stop sin.

The point of question is if you have sin you cannot stop committing for what ever reason. Can you be forgiven or are you doomed?

The question is not weather you think these sins if you don't then try think of life long sin in your mind will it be forgiven???

Thank you.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:28 pm »
Ok lets say I divorced first wife because I did not like her hair color. I was an A$$ hole but I want to change so I need forgiveness how do I get forgiveness for sin if I cannot stop committing it.

Covet nieboirs wife well point is if I look at female in lustful way and married I commit adultery.  With that logic than homosexual looking at same sex is committing sin. And cannot stop being homosexual. So cannot stop sin.

The point of question is if you have sin you cannot stop committing for what ever reason. Can you be forgiven or are you doomed?

The question is not weather you think these sins if you don't then try think of life long sin in your mind will it be forgiven???

Thank you.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times

I don't believe that God would ask us to be more forgiving and he's going to be.
The problem with your question and all you scenarios is you believe that a person cannot stop sinning. If you deliberately live a life of sin and flaunt your sin in front of God, I really don't believe that you are possessed by the Holy Ghost and I really don't believe you have received salvation.

These battles are not fought by you alone and if you have truly come to Christ you have a very very powerful partner this battle.

biblebuf

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 11:11:31 pm »
The Holy Ghost will not allow this kind of to continue for long. If the person is a Christian the Holy Ghost will bring him to his knees eventually.

bibledan

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »
So if a person truely has the holy spirit then they will no longer be a homosexual?

They will find way to solve problem of having a second wife which if they do is forcing to commit adultery according to Bible.

So once you have holy spirit you will stop sinning?

Sorry if I sound abrasive I do that a lot without meaning to I am not questioning anyones beliefs I just trying to learn. 

Again thank you for help.

biblebuf

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:06 pm »
So if a person truely has the holy spirit then they will no longer be a homosexual?

They will find way to solve problem of having a second wife which if they do is forcing to commit adultery according to Bible.

So once you have holy spirit you will stop sinning?

Sorry if I sound abrasive I do that a lot without meaning to I am not questioning anyones beliefs I just trying to learn. 

Again thank you for help.

It's what we call as coming under convection.

Titus 3:5 KJV
Not by works of righteousness which we have done , but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

1 Thessalonians 4:3 KJV
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1 Peter 1:2 KJV
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied .