Author Topic: James 1:1  (Read 1550 times)

clark thompson

James 1:1
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:39:25 pm »
                                     read James 1:1 these are my thoughts please share yours
      1 James never says he is brother to Jesus even though I think he is. James knows he recieved the gift of salvation just like everyone else. James writes his letter to Jews scattered aboad. Today the church is scattered abroad and like the Jews james wrote to the Word brought them together like it does with the church today. James says servant of God and Lord Jesus Christ. It is far better to be a servant to the Lord than to be a king in hell

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: James 1:1
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:29:31 pm »
                                     read James 1:1 these are my thoughts please share yours
      1 James never says he is brother to Jesus even though I think he is. James knows he recieved the gift of salvation just like everyone else. James writes his letter to Jews scattered aboad. Today the church is scattered abroad and like the Jews james wrote to the Word brought them together like it does with the church today. James says servant of God and Lord Jesus Christ. It is far better to be a servant to the Lord than to be a king in hell

I figure you're looking at Galatians 1:19 to make this statement, correct?

This was either the son of Zebedee or the son of Alphaeus. Most likely Alphaeus because James the son of Zebedee was put to death by Herod.

Then again remember that the Catholic Church has a very big dog in this fight. And they are very capable of altering historic records.

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:21:14 am »
No the scripture was right I was refering to the traditon of James brother of Jesus being the athuor of the book of James

Fat

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:02 am »
Then again remember that the Catholic Church has a very big dog in this fight. And they are very capable of altering historic records.

That's the truth, they have a big stake in keeping Mary a forever virgin.

biblebuf

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:39 am »
The truth is we don't know who wrote James just like we don't know who wrote Hebrews.
But we do know it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

BB

Moss

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:12 am »
              It is far better to be a servant to the Lord than to be a king in hell

Amen.