Author Topic: James 1:9-15  (Read 1981 times)

clark thompson

James 1:9-15
« on: February 10, 2013, 04:45:28 am »

James 1:9-15

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

9 Humble believers should be proud because being humble makes them important. 10 Rich believers should be proud because being rich should make them humble. Rich people will wither like flowers. 11 The sun rises with its scorching heat and dries up plants. The flowers drop off, and the beauty is gone. The same thing will happen to rich people. While they are busy, they will die.

12 Blessed are those who endure when they are tested. When they pass the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 13 When someone is tempted, he shouldn’t say that God is tempting him. God can’t be tempted by evil, and God doesn’t tempt anyone. 14 Everyone is tempted by his own desires as they lure him away and trap him. 15 Then desire becomes pregnant and gives birth to sin. When sin grows up, it gives birth to death.

these are my thoughts please share yours
   9 We should be proud we have christ and share Him with everyone and let are humbleness be a witness.
   10 If the Lord blesses us with riches we should be humble and share with those in need that way the Lord gets glory.
    11 The wealthy should not be wrapped up in just making money and being greedy. Their are some rich companys who would cut every dollar they can even though they may have to fire people who really need their job even though they could spend a little more money and help people. We are called to be different as believers in Christ even if we have money.
     12 We can endure with Jesus leading the way many times we take our eyes off Him and like Peter we begin to sink in water of our troubles.
      13 God allows us to be tempted by evil. He allowed satan to tempt Job and Christ but He did not tempt them Himself our sinned them but He used it for good.
      14 We are not alwys tempted by the devil but because we are in a state of sin sometimes we are tempted by our desirers of our own flesh.
      15 Desire for sin leads to sin and sins leads to death. All things we do will have a reaction we can have this reaction or have a good reaction.

It's better to be a servant of the Lord now than to be a king in hell

biblebuf

Re: James 1:9-15
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:19 pm »
James 1:9-15 (New American Standard)
But the brother of humble circumstances is to glory in his high position ;

Christ humbled Himself and became a servant to man, we should walk with Him.

and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation, because like flowering grass he will pass away.
For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass ; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed ; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.
A rich man must understand that all he has comes from God and it was given to him for a purpose and should be used to Christ glory. Was not Christ buried in a rich mans tomb?

Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial ; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
If a man does not love Christ he will not keep His commandments.

John 14:15 NAS
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21 NAS
"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

John 15:10 NAS
"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love ; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God "; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.
But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin ; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

Sin comes from Satan's lie and mans lust.

The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die !  "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."  When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate ; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

Christ said:

Matthew 5:28 NAS
but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

So even before the birth of sin there is sin in the conception.

Thank you for thread CT I enjoyed it.

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:54:35 pm »
You've posted three subjects here, the rich Christian and the poor Christian and the trials that Christians face.

God's grace reaches through all society, be it they poor or rich. When you accept Christ as your Savior you no longer store your riches on the earth but you store your riches in heaven by the works you do because of your love of Christ. As a poor person and a Christian you realize that you are far richer than those that set in power over municipalities and earthly functions.

The trials a Christian faces are a way for a Christian to glorify his Lord and Savior. In the book of Job we learn that these trials are not sent by God but allowed by God so that we may prove by our endurance are love and devotion to our Creator. Job proved that no matter what Satan can throw at us, we shall stand steadfast in our love and devotion to our Creator.

These are easy words for me to write on an Internet forum, but I want you to do all understand that these trials will come to us all, even though likely not a serious as experienced by Job. I do understand that the trials that you receive may be perceived by you as far more horrific than those that Job experienced. Job lost 10 of his children, can you even imagine that? But I'm sure that whatever trials happen to you seem far worse than Job losing his family and his health.

IHS
JB

Fat

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:17 am »
13 When someone is tempted, he shouldn’t say that God is tempting him. God can’t be tempted by evil, and God doesn’t tempt anyone. 14 Everyone is tempted by his own desires as they lure him away and trap him. 15 Then desire becomes pregnant and gives birth to sin. When sin grows up, it gives birth to death.

This speaks to the total depravity of man. All Satan has to do is offer the fruit and we will eat. This is what he tried to do with Jesus during His 40 days in the desert, but there was no desire in Him.