Author Topic: Genesis 3:15  (Read 1085 times)

biblebuf

Genesis 3:15
« on: January 26, 2013, 05:30:00 pm »
Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed ; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

I know that we have discussed this verse before but every time I look at it I seem to since there's more to it than just the fact that it is the first prediction, or prophecy, of the coming Christ.

I think we all could agree that the enmity is in fact Christ the Messiah. The word enmity denotes something of hostility in other words not just a barrier, but something in motion with the purpose.  Strong's Number: 342 = hatred.

Now here is where it gets a little bit sticky in defining your seed and her seed. When were talking about Satan seed, we are not talking about his physical descendents such as children and grandchildren, but we are talking about the evil that he is implanted into mankind through Adam. Of course her seed, that is the seed of Eve, is also all of mankind however this is in fact the physical offspring and not necessarily the spiritual offspring. I wonder to if this could be referring to the Virgin birth of Christ causing a disruption in the genealogy.

The verse talks about bruising Satan on head, I believe it is saying the destruction of Satan. However when the says a Satan shall bruise him on the heel he of course is not talking about the actual physical assault on Christ but an assault on the church, it being the body of Christ. It must be admitted that Satan has taken many nips at the heel of the church.

Bob

Re: Genesis 3:15
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:55:22 pm »
Quote from: Biblebuf
Now here is where it gets a little bit sticky in defining your seed and her seed.

Here are a couple of verses that show there is an always has been those that belong to Satan and those that belong to Christ.

Ephesians 1:4
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love
5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

John 10:26
"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep.
27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

I never thought about this referring to the Virgin birth, I would have to give that a little bit of thought. Her seed of course not having the DNA of a man and being made directly by the hand of God would be a second Adam. You could be right but it's above my pay grade.  ::)

clark thompson

Re: Genesis 3:15
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:29:27 am »
The snake biteing the heel is Jesus' death and the Him raising from the dead and returning to get the church is the stomp to the head.