Author Topic: Nothing good dwells in me  (Read 1253 times)

biblebuf

Nothing good dwells in me
« on: March 02, 2013, 01:28:34 pm »
Who can say, "I have cleansed my heart, I am pure from my sin "?(Prov. 20:9 )
 The LORD has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there are any who understand, Who seek after God. They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt ; There is no one who does good, not even one. (Psa. 14:2, 3 ) and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.(Rom. 8:8 )
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh ; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.(Rom. 7:18, 19 ) For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment ; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. (Isa. 64:6 )
But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. (Gal. 3:22 ) namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. (2 Cor. 5:19 )
 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8, 9 )

clark thompson

Re: Nothing good dwells in me
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:20:26 pm »
Yes are flesh has nothing good in it but as believers we are given the Holy Spirit which is good in our lives

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 03:51:33 pm »
Yes are flesh has nothing good in it but as believers we are given the Holy Spirit which is good in our lives

I agree, as promised by John the Baptist. Mark 1:8

JB Horn

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:10 pm »
I agree, as promised by John the Baptist. Mark 1:8

A promise from our Lord Himself, John 14:26 .