Author Topic: The Major Cults teach 'Hellfire'.  (Read 8894 times)

theMadJW

Re: Since the Bible so CLEARLY states things- WHY so many Churches?
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:15 am »
Denial at its funniest.
Does your church say Jesus will return LITERALLY surfing a cloud around the world, and pulling bup the 'immortal souls' of "those that pierced him" to watch?

According to JB- THAT is a prophecy. And it is as False as one can get.

Does your church say Jesus will destroy the earth- after preaching the meek will INHERIT it?

According to JB- THAT is a prophecy. And it is as False as one can get.

Want MORE? I have plenty!  ;D

theMadJW

Re: Since the Bible so CLEARLY states things- WHY so many Churches?
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2013, 09:37:08 am »
Those are no more prophecies than ours.
Those are OPINIONS as to what the prophecies from God MEAN. NOTHING more.

Fat

Questions that Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to answer.
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2013, 11:51:15 am »
We are seem to be running in problems with getting Jehovah's Witnesses to answer questions directly. I thought it might be wise to have one place to post them so we can keep track of them.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Questions that Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to answer.
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 11:56:17 am »
We are seem to be running in problems with getting Jehovah's Witnesses to answer questions directly. I thought it might be wise to have one place to post them so we can keep track of them.

;D good idea  ;D

I have a question that I have been denied the right to ask.

Does the NWT teach that angels are gods?

Trouble is I have a follow up to it but I can't ask it without a response  :(

theMadJW

There ARE no Questions us JWs "Refuse" to Answer.
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 12:00:00 pm »
The Games Churchoids Play.

Divert, accuse, ignore scriptures and questions- just SOME of the trademarks of pretend Christians- who worship their CHURCH, rather than God...

Fat

Re: There ARE no Questions us JWs "Refuse" to Answer.
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 12:07:58 pm »

Divert, accuse, ignore scriptures and questions- just SOME of the trademarks of pretend Christians- who worship their CHURCH, rather than God...

Hey that is really great please answer this for me.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have a savior or do they have two saviors?
 As most people know the Jehovah's witnesses have rewritten the Bible for the sole purpose of separating Christ and God the Father. They still do not explain how they can have two saviors when in Isaiah 43:10-11 their own translation says, "YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

In many verses in their translation of the Bible such as acts 13:23 they refer to the Savior of Israel as Jesus. It is repeated again and acts 5:31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And in 2 Timothy 1:10 they refer to the Savior as Jesus Christ. There are many more verses in the Bible such as first John 4:14, Titus 2:6-14, acts 4:9-12 Titus 1:1-16, 2 Timothy 1:10. Sometimes when the Savior is being referred to as Christ is in lower case and sometimes it is capitalized apparently for no rhyme or reason. It appears they've concentrated so hard on trying to divide the Father and the Son that they forgot that only one, according to the Father can be the savior of Israel.

1 John 4: (NWT)
14 In addition, we ourselves have beheld and are bearing witness that the Father has sent forth his Son as Savior of the world.

Titus 2: (NWT)
6 Likewise keep on exhorting the younger men to be sound in mind, 7 in all things showing yourself an example of fine works; showing uncorruptness in your teaching, seriousness, 8 wholesome speech which cannot be condemned; so that the man on the opposing side may get ashamed, having nothing vile to say about us. 9 Let slaves be in subjection to their owners in all things, and please them well, not talking back, 10 not committing theft, but exhibiting good fidelity to the full, so that they may adorn the teaching of our Savior, God, in all things.

Acts 4 (NWT)
9 if we are this day being examined, on the basis of a good deed to an ailing man, as to by whom this man has been made well, 10 let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

theMadJW

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 12:14:41 pm »
God, altho being our Savior, since he sent His son as our Savior, is rarely referred to as such; He gives credit to Jesus who carried out His will.

Thus we read-

Rev 7:10 And they were shouting with a great roar,

Salvation comes from our God who sits on the throne and from the Lamb!”

Fat

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 01:00:57 pm »

God, altho being our Savior, since he sent His son as our Savior, is rarely referred to as such; He gives credit to Jesus who carried out His will.

Thus we read-

Rev 7:10 And they were shouting with a great roar,

Salvation comes from our God who sits on the throne and from the Lamb!”

Quote from: NWT
"YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins

In addition, we ourselves have beheld and are bearing witness that the Father has sent forth his Son as Savior of the world.

Quote from: NWT WOW BROTHER
From the offspring of this [man] according to his promise God has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus,

And I like the verse you pointed out, thank you.
And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Fat

Re: Questions that Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to answer.
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 01:06:22 pm »
;D good idea  ;D

I have a question that I have been denied the right to ask.

Does the NWT teach that angels are gods?

Trouble is I have a follow up to it but I can't ask it without a response  :(

Well the answer would be yes. I think that is a fair assumption.

biblebuf

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 01:31:36 pm »
Really!

Colossians 1:16-20
NWT- “because by means of him all [other] things have been created....all [other] things have been created through him....Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist....”

Literal Greek Text- Suffice it to say that the word “other” is not found in the Greek text.

Why has the Watchtower added the word "other" four times in the above passage? Without the word “other” present, the text says that Jesus is the Creator of all things. By sticking the word "other" in, Jesus becomes Jehovah’s “master worker” who was created by Jehovah and was then used to create all other things in existence. Interestingly, the very first edition of the NWT’s New Testament didn’t even bracket the word “other” to show that it was added to the text. Later editions became somewhat more honest. However, many times when the Watchtower quotes the above verses in their literature, they remove the brackets. We see that again, the Greek text contradicts the Watchtower’s own theology.

theMadJW

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 02:01:31 pm »
Really!

Colossians 1:16-20
NWT- “because by means of him all [other] things have been created....all [other] things have been created through him....Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist....”

Literal Greek Text- Suffice it to say that the word “other” is not found in the Greek text.

Why has the Watchtower added the word "other" four times in the above passage? Without the word “other” present, the text says that Jesus is the Creator of all things. By sticking the word "other" in, Jesus becomes Jehovah’s “master worker” who was created by Jehovah and was then used to create all other things in existence. Interestingly, the very first edition of the NWT’s New Testament didn’t even bracket the word “other” to show that it was added to the text. Later editions became somewhat more honest. However, many times when the Watchtower quotes the above verses in their literature, they remove the brackets. We see that again, the Greek text contradicts the Watchtower’s own theology.

Yes- REALLY. Pitiful 'example'.
All translations add words to make the Greek text understandable in English.

Let's ASSume that it SHOULD read : "because by means of him all things have been created".

That would mean Jesus created himself and his father...and in YOUR minds the Ghost-God.
So even YOU know that's not the case- as shown in the Greek. he created (made) all OTHER things.

NEXT!

biblebuf

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »

Yes- REALLY. Pitiful 'example'.
All translations add words to make the Greek text understandable in English.

Let's ASSume that it SHOULD read : "because by means of him all things have been created".

That would mean Jesus created himself and his father...and in YOUR minds the Ghost-God.
So even YOU know that's not the case- as shown in the Greek. he created (made) all OTHER things.

NEXT!

Not exactly.

6 because by means of him all () things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All () things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all () things and by means of him all () things were made to exist,18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that he might become the one who is first in all things;19 because [God] saw good for all fullness to dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile again to himself all () things by making peace through the blood [he shed] on the torture stake, no matter whether they are the things upon the earth or the things in the heavens.

OH NO HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS!! Do we recall the I AM name??

For those that can't make sense of this dribble here is the way it should read.

NAS
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities -all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church ; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross ; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Now look at the HCS.

16 because by Him everything was created, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and by Him all things hold together. 18 He is also the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He might come to have first place in everything. 19 For God was pleased [to have] all His fullness dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile everything to Himself by making peace through the blood of His cross- whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Now this all only makes sense if you believe in the Trinity, other wise you have to correct the text to read what YOU want it to say.

The Mad JW calls this a "Pitiful 'example'". So let's move on to the next one.

theMadJW

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 03:35:30 pm »
"all  things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships..."

God (or your Gods) are in...HEAVEN.
He (or THEY) are INVISIBLE.
He (or THEY) have thrones.

Yes, God and Christ are "Before" or "Over" all things- but that STILL includes THEM...I it really , literally is "ALL".

It isn't.

biblebuf

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 04:03:34 pm »
Please explain this conflict in your translation.
John 14:6  (NWT)
6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 6:65  (NWT)
So he went on to say: “This is why I have said to YOU, No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

theMadJW

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 04:07:25 pm »
Please explain this conflict in your translation.
John 14:6  (NWT)
6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 6:65  (NWT)
So he went on to say: “This is why I have said to YOU, No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

Dd earlier- you pay little attention.
They are NOT contradictions, and are in MOST translations- if not all.

Jesus is the Way, provided by God- yet God directs the sincere TO him, first.