Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

Salvation is not of works

<< < (3/4) > >>

Alexander Winslow:
A very intriguing point here concerning salvation of which there are two. The second of which has twp separate designations.

When Christ Jesus was executed at Golgotha as the corresponding 'ransom' for all, in this way salvation was acquired for the whole of the human race from Adamic death [death without a resurrection.] This also opened up the 'second chance' of the acquisition of salvation from imperfection and death for the whole of the human race by way of that 'ransom' sacrifice.

This salvation however is divided into two sections, one is heavenly and one is earthly; depending on one's status. the heavenly one is for the anointed heavenly 'little flock' chosen by Jesus to whom the kingdom of the heavens belongs (Luke 12:32)

The heavenly one has already been accomplished and these are now ruling in the heavens as immortal spirit creatures along with Christ, waiting for the next move.

The earthly one is for all the rest of mankind who survive the end of the Sabbath Millennium of the Christ.

So no-one today or before, outside of that heavenly 'little flock' can say at the moment whether they will receive salvation until this appointed time.

Alexander

Fat:

--- Quote from: Alexander Winslow on July 27, 2014, 09:50:14 am ---'little flock'
--- End quote ---

Of course the number is 144,000. Jewish males.

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: 5 the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand, from the tribe of Gad twelve thousand, 6 the tribe of Asher twelve thousand, from the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand, from the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand, 7 the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand, from the tribe of Levi twelve thousand, from the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand, 8 the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand, from the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand, from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

Rev 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Alexander Winslow:
Hello Fat,

Wrong again, the 'little flock' does consist of 144,000 but not of the natural nation of Israel. It does indeed name the twelve tribes in Revelation 7 but this is the twelve tribes of the 'Israel of God' because Almighty God cast off the nation of natural Israel in 607 BCE and they were led into captivity.

When after their release under  Cyrus the Persian they were eventually allowed to rebuild the Temple, but the Shekinah Light which denoted God's presence; never returned. This is why later Jesus said to them "Look! Your house is abandoned to you!"

On choosing the nucleus of his 'little flock' he said to his Apostles who were all Jews: "I have other sheep [Gentiles] not of this fold [Jews] these also I must bring; and they shall become one flock, one shepherd."

Notice he said that they would become one flock and one shepherd, not one flock 'under' one shepherd. This is because as the Israel of God they will eventually shepherd all the nations during the Sabbath Millennium of the Christ.

Alexander

Bob:

--- Quote from: Alexander Winslow on July 27, 2014, 06:54:36 pm ---Hello Fat,

Wrong again, the 'little flock' does consist of 144,000 but not of the natural nation of Israel. It does indeed name the twelve tribes in Revelation 7 but this is the twelve tribes of the 'Israel of God' because Almighty God cast off the nation of natural Israel in 607 BCE and they were led into captivity.

When after their release under  Cyrus the Persian they were eventually allowed to rebuild the Temple, but the Shekinah Light which denoted God's presence; never returned. This is why later Jesus said to them "Look! Your house is abandoned to you!"

On choosing the nucleus of his 'little flock' he said to his Apostles who were all Jews: "I have other sheep [Gentiles] not of this fold [Jews] these also I must bring; and they shall become one flock, one shepherd."

Notice he said that they would become one flock and one shepherd, not one flock 'under' one shepherd. This is because as the Israel of God they will eventually shepherd all the nations during the Sabbath Millennium of the Christ.

Alexander

--- End quote ---
Not joining the conversation but I what to capture this post before it disappears.

Moss:
Romans 4:2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Galatians 1:6. I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version