Bible Talk > General

The trouble with Calvinism.

(1/5) > >>

Zant Law:
The trouble with Calvinism.

You cannot find a Calvinist church that ordains women pastors.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that sanctifies same-sex marriage.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes a mother has a right to kill her unborn child.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that preaches that some Buddhist that are good men will be in heaven.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes Christians should work with Muslims to create a better world.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes the Bible is to be taken as only a roadmap for man, and not to be taken literally.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that shies away from controversial subjects like marriage, abortion, and homosexuality.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes religion should evolve as society evolves.

In conclusion, the problem of Calvinist churches is that they are no fun, too strict, always referring to the Bible, and to narrow minded in their belief in salvation.

Moss:
LOL
It sounds like they are sexist, homophobic, Islamaphobic and bigoted.  :-\

Fat:
You can't find a Calvinist church that prays to Mary and bows to the Pope.

clark thompson:

--- Quote from: Zant Law on June 28, 2013, 05:22:17 pm ---The trouble with Calvinism.

You cannot find a Calvinist church that ordains women pastors.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that sanctifies same-sex marriage.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes a mother has a right to kill her unborn child.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that preaches that some Buddhist that are good men will be in heaven.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes Christians should work with Muslims to create a better world.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes the Bible is to be taken as only a roadmap for man, and not to be taken literally.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that shies away from controversial subjects like marriage, abortion, and homosexuality.
You cannot find a Calvinist church that believes religion should evolve as society evolves.

In conclusion, the problem of Calvinist churches is that they are no fun, too strict, always referring to the Bible, and to narrow minded in their belief in salvation.

--- End quote ---

I go to a church that is not calvinist and we have these same views. I am proud to say I view the same way.

Zant Law:

--- Quote from: clark thompson on July 01, 2013, 04:17:01 pm ---I go to a church that is not calvinist and we have these same views. I am proud to say I view the same way.

--- End quote ---

Calvinist or not hold on to it, you're lucky.

ZLaw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version