Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

The doctrine of the Trinity

(1/16) > >>

macuser:
There are those that say the word trinity is not in the Bible. Yet most Christians believe in the existence of one God in three forms or persons.

clark thompson:
The word is not found in the bible but, the bible does say the Word is God and Jesus is the Word.

Fat:

--- Quote from: clark thompson on July 01, 2013, 04:14:46 pm ---The word is not found in the bible but, the bible does say the Word is God and Jesus is the Word.

--- End quote ---

Clark you must read the same Bible I read, but in some of the Bibles it says something different in John 1.

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.   That little gem is from the New World translation.

michaelf:
john 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

I would say that I do not believe in the trinity but I firmly believe the bible is clear that Jesus  was God and it is a concept that no one can really explain perfectly so we call it the trinity to give it a label

macuser:
Michaelf

I think that I will try a little logic here.  You agree that Christ was God. We also know that Christ was continually calling God His Father. But on the other hand Christ was conceived by the Holy Ghost. How could this be unless They were One? The Son is God and the Spirit is God.   :o

Matthew 1:18 NAS
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows : when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version