Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

What about those who have never heard the gospel?

(1/8) > >>

Jack Koons:
For those of us that live in the "civilized" or "industrialized" world, not much thought needs to be spent on how we both hear the gospel, and receive His salvation; but, what about those millions of souls that live their entire lives, never having heard the gospel; has God ever, does God now, or will God ever have a plan for those people; other than to be born, live, die, and finally spend all of eternity in torment?

Jack

calluna:

--- Quote from: Jack Koons on July 08, 2013, 07:00:41 am ---For those of us that live in the "civilized" or "industrialized" world, not much thought needs to be spent on how we both hear the gospel, and receive His salvation; but, what about those millions of souls that live their entire lives, never having heard the gospel; has God ever, does God now, or will God ever have a plan for those people; other than to be born, live, die, and finally spend all of eternity in torment?

--- End quote ---

Every knee shall bow; some willingly, but most reluctantly. It is attitude to knee action that is the ultimate decider of eternal fate, irrespective of whether one has previously heard the gospel, or not. Every has the same choice to make, sooner or later.

Zant Law:

--- Quote from: Jack Koons on July 08, 2013, 07:00:41 am ---For those of us that live in the "civilized" or "industrialized" world, not much thought needs to be spent on how we both hear the gospel, and receive His salvation; but, what about those millions of souls that live their entire lives, never having heard the gospel; has God ever, does God now, or will God ever have a plan for those people; other than to be born, live, die, and finally spend all of eternity in torment?

Jack

--- End quote ---

Who on earth has not sinned and deserves to spend eternity with God?

Can a Just God not punish the unjust sinner?

Does your God ever break a promise?

John 14:6 NAS
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life ; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Is there going to be a second chance for those that have not heard the gospel? I have no idea what God's plan is other then what he has written down for me to study.

Matthew 7:14 NAS
"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Jack Koons:

--- Quote from: calluna on July 08, 2013, 08:55:38 am ---Every knee shall bow; some willingly, but most reluctantly. It is attitude to knee action that is the ultimate decider of eternal fate, irrespective of whether one has previously heard the gospel, or not. Every has the same choice to make, sooner or later.

--- End quote ---

"Every knee shall bow; some willingly, but most reluctantly. It is attitude to knee action that is the ultimate decider of eternal fate, irrespective of whether one has previously heard the gospel, or not. Every has the same choice to make, sooner or later."

1) "Every knee shall bow; some willingly, but most reluctantly."

I absolutely agree. Those that do so willingly, will do so both now, and at the Judgement Seat of Christ; whole those who do not will bow at the Great White Throne Judgement. Furthermore, I agree that judgement will be made irrespective of whether one has heard the gospel or not. However, believers have clearly been given a command:

Matt. 28:
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This command by Jesus Christ clearly puts the responsibility of spreading the gospel to "all nations".

Furthermore:

Rom. 10
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It is quite clear that while it is the responsibility of the "sinner" to "obey the gospel"; it is also quite clear that it is of a necessity that one must obey the commandment of being sent to preach the gospel, in order for the gospel to be first heard, and eventually obeyed.

What responsibility lies upon the preacher that disobeys the command to go and preach, resulting in the gospel not being preached (meaning the gospel is not therefore heard, and ultimately not obeyed)?

Jack

calluna:

--- Quote from: Jack Koons on July 08, 2013, 11:18:04 am ---

It is quite clear that while it is the responsibility of the "sinner" to "obey the gospel"; it is also quite clear that it is of a necessity that one must obey the commandment of being sent to preach the gospel, in order for the gospel to be first heard, and eventually obeyed.

What responsibility lies upon the preacher that disobeys the command to go and preach, resulting in the gospel not being preached (meaning the gospel is not therefore heard, and ultimately not obeyed)?

--- End quote ---

Good question. The preacher or evangelist who, like Jonah, disobeys his conscience must be responsible for the evils that result from absence of the gospel, and absence of the resulting good works that are intended to be like a city on a hill, that cannot be hidden. That's quite a responsibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version