Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

The total depravity of man

<< < (2/6) > >>

Fat:
New American Standard

Job 20:12-13  "Though evil is sweet in his mouth And he hides it under his tongue, Though he desires it and will not let it go, But holds it in his mouth,

Ps 36:4  He plans wickedness upon his bed ; He sets himself on a path that is not good ; He does not despise evil.

Prov 4:16-17 For they cannot sleep unless they do evil ; And they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone stumble. For they eat the bread of wickedness And drink the wine of violence.

John 3:19-20 "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

John 12:43 for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.

Hosea 4:8 They feed on the sin of My people And direct their desire toward their iniquity.

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: clark thompson on July 29, 2013, 05:20:02 pm ---Man needs Jesus to have salvation, he is not good enough to get salvation on His on.

--- End quote ---

What about Acts 2:40b, "Save yourselves from this untoward generation."? It is my opinion that the doctrine of "total" depravity shifts responsibility. Negating the individual's responsibility not to have the faith to use the narrow gate in spite of the fact of the Lord saying "Make every effort to enter through the gate." The issue is not weather man is good enough or bad enough. Salvation from serving the penalty of eternal death is predicated upon first hearing their message and then obeying what has been established as a unilateral requirement in regard to the sin of Jesus' having been crucified.

JB Horn:

--- Quote from: Theodore A. Jones on August 23, 2013, 08:54:08 am ---What about Acts 2:40b, "Save yourselves from this untoward generation."? It is my opinion that the doctrine of "total" depravity shifts responsibility. Negating the individual's responsibility not to have the faith to use the narrow gate in spite of the fact of the Lord saying "Make every effort to enter through the gate." The issue is not weather man is good enough or bad enough. Salvation from serving the penalty of eternal death is predicated upon first hearing their message and then obeying what has been established as a unilateral requirement in regard to the sin of Jesus' having been crucified.

--- End quote ---

Man is responsible for his sin, YES.

Is man capable of a life without sin, NO.

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: JB Horn on August 23, 2013, 09:05:43 am ---Man is responsible for his sin, YES.

Is man capable of a life without sin, NO.

--- End quote ---

So then what is the sin that was repented of to obey the Acts 2:38 command as their message's requirement for salvation and is it a sin for the other individuals who refuse to repent of this sin? 

JB Horn:

--- Quote from: Theodore A. Jones on August 23, 2013, 10:32:31 am ---So then what is the sin that was repented of to obey the Acts 2:38 command as their message's requirement for salvation and is it a sin for the other individuals who refuse to repent of this sin?

--- End quote ---

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 7:12-14  So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good.
The Problem of Sin in Us
13 Therefore, did what is good cause my death? Absolutely not! On the contrary, sin, in order to be recognized as sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that through the commandment sin might become sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual; but I am made out of flesh, sold into sin's power.

Not THIS SIN but all sin.

1 John 1:7 CSB
But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version