Bible Talk > General

Pelagianism, Semi-Pelagianism and Augustinianism By A.A. Hodge

<< < (2/4) > >>

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: Moss on August 17, 2013, 10:39:22 pm ---This is a discussion board Theodore, if you have something you like say about it go ahead, be my guest.

--- End quote ---

Is the content of lengthy statement you've posted something you think is true?

Moss:

--- Quote from: Theodore A. Jones on August 18, 2013, 05:56:25 am ---Is the content of lengthy statement you've posted something you think is true?

--- End quote ---

First of all Theodore, I like to point out to you that this article was written in the mid-1800s. As a comparison of three different theologies, but the point made that I find most interesting is that the author points out that there is only, in reality, two competing theologies.

--- Quote ---There are, in fact, as we might have anticipated, but two complete self-consistent systems of Christian theology possible.
1st. On the right hand, Augustinianism completed in Calvinism. 2nd. On the left hand, Pelagianism completed in Socinianism. And 3rd. Arminianism comes between these as the system of compromises and is developed Semipelagianism.
--- End quote ---

Do you believe that Socinianism is a heresy?

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: Moss on August 18, 2013, 09:36:01 am ---First of all Theodore, I like to point out to you that this article was written in the mid-1800s. As a comparison of three different theologies, but the point made that I find most interesting is that the author points out that there is only, in reality, two competing theologies.
Do you believe that Socinianism is a heresy?

--- End quote ---

I am aware of the era in which the article was written and yes there are only two competitive theories of salvation. One which the sin of murder is falsely assumed to be a direct benefit and the majority holds this assumptive to be true. 

Moss:

--- Quote from: Theodore A. Jones on August 18, 2013, 04:26:29 pm ---I am aware of the era in which the article was written and yes there are only two competitive theories of salvation. One which the sin of murder is falsely assumed to be a direct benefit and the majority holds this assumptive to be true.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Rev. Jones for your great insight and wealth of knowledge on the subject. As always you have clarified your position eloquently. Now we all understand thoroughly where you stand on Socinianism.

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: Moss on August 18, 2013, 05:07:01 pm ---Thank you Rev. Jones for your great insight and wealth of knowledge on the subject. As always you have clarified your position eloquently. Now we all understand thoroughly where you stand on Socinianism.

--- End quote ---

I am not affiliated with any contemporary religious system. Socinianism is no greater heresy than the heresies you've proposed not to be heresy. And you have misinformed yourself of where I stand.
"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version