Bible Talk > General

How can one really know if they are following God the way He wants them to?

(1/3) > >>

freeman4:
Can one really know if they are of God and following Him in His truth? So many have different ideas but which is right or is there a right way?

Jesus said to follow Him. Is every way a right way?

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: freeman4 on August 23, 2013, 05:07:15 am ---Can one really know if they are of God and following Him in His truth? So many have different ideas but which is right or is there a right way?

Jesus said to follow Him. Is every way a right way?

--- End quote ---

"Do not go beyond what is written." 1 Cor. 4:6, because you can't.
Every way seems right to men, but the gate that each man must have the faith to use to enter God's kingdom is something that very few ever find. And I am certain you have no idea what that gate is or you would not be posting these questions. 

freeman4:
God said to keep the commandments. Yes I know how and that is to keep His commandments. Do you kill, do you steel, do you commit Adultery. I am sure you do not. That is keeping Gods commandments and yes they are still binding on Christians. But where people fail is the Fourth commandment. They throw it out, that being "remember the Sabbath day"  the seventh day,and keep it Holy.

Most individuals trample all over it and say that it is for the Jews only.

I guess God made a mistake and give another day in it place? I do not thing so.

JB Horn:

--- Quote from: freeman4 on August 23, 2013, 08:07:45 am ---God said to keep the commandments. Yes I know how and that is to keep His commandments. Do you kill, do you steel, do you commit Adultery. I am sure you do not. That is keeping Gods commandments and yes they are still binding on Christians. But where people fail is the Fourth commandment. They throw it out, that being "remember the Sabbath day"  the seventh day,and keep it Holy.

--- End quote ---

Glad you said seventh day and not Saturday or Sunday.

Theodore A. Jones:

--- Quote from: freeman4 on August 23, 2013, 08:07:45 am ---God said to keep the commandments. Yes I know how and that is to keep His commandments. Do you kill, do you steel, do you commit Adultery. I am sure you do not. That is keeping Gods commandments and yes they are still binding on Christians. But where people fail is the Fourth commandment. They throw it out, that being "remember the Sabbath day"  the seventh day,and keep it Holy.

--- End quote ---

No person will be declared righteous by God for observing the written code. Rom. 3:27-29

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version