Bible Talk > General

The rebellion in Heaven

(1/3) > >>

Domenic:
The rebellion in Heaven

After Adam was created, one third of the angels rebelled, and were cast down to earth. After this event, Satan was allowed to come, and go, in, and out of Heaven. A clear sign he was not one of those cast down. But he had something to do with the rebellion.

Genesis 3:15. God is talking to, Satan, about what he had done, and about two seeds. This scripture is the key to the complete Bible. It is the apex of mans past, present, and future history.
This event of the rebellion brings up questions religions tend to put aside.

1) there are many trees spoken of in the Bible. All these trees are symbolic. There are so many trees spoken of, one could build a symbolic forest. Why are the two trees in the Garden not viewed as symbolic also?

2) What made the angels rebel after Adam was created?  Did the creation of Adam change their lives in any way? Was it something God wanted them to do?  We know he told the angels to serve man.  Did they refuse to do this?

Angels can not reproduce. They have no need for seed like an animal, or man has…so what is God talking about when he referred to Satan’s seed in Genesis 3:15?

I would like to hear what you think, but please, back your reply with scripture.

Hal:

--- Quote from: Domenic on September 07, 2013, 10:29:36 am ---The rebellion in Heaven

After Adam was created, one third of the angels rebelled, and were cast down to earth. After this event, Satan was allowed to come, and go, in, and out of Heaven. A clear sign he was not one of those cast down. But he had something to do with the rebellion.

Genesis 3:15. God is talking to, Satan, about what he had done, and about two seeds. This scripture is the key to the complete Bible. It is the apex of mans past, present, and future history.
This event of the rebellion brings up questions religions tend to put aside.

1) there are many trees spoken of in the Bible. All these trees are symbolic. There are so many trees spoken of, one could build a symbolic forest. Why are the two trees in the Garden not viewed as symbolic also?

2) What made the angels rebel after Adam was created?  Did the creation of Adam change their lives in any way? Was it something God wanted them to do?  We know he told the angels to serve man.  Did they refuse to do this?

Angels can not reproduce. They have no need for seed like an animal, or man has…so what is God talking about when he referred to Satan’s seed in Genesis 3:15?

I would like to hear what you think, but please, back your reply with scripture.

--- End quote ---

1) Represent choice. The biblical reference to that is the text itself.

2)  Pride.

3) Satan's seed is sin, the entity between sin and the woman's seed is Christ. The woman's seed are the chosen, or the elect belonging to Christ.

John 17:24 CSB
 Father, I desire those You have given Me to be with Me where I am. Then they will see My glory, which You have given Me because You loved Me before the world's foundation. 

Ephesians 1:4 
for He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love

1 Peter 1:20 
He was destined before the foundation of the world, but was revealed at the end of the times for you

Domenic:
Thank you Hal, but your post does not answer any of the questions.
God does not babble. When he says something, he is right on the point. In Genesis 3:15, he is talking about Satan's seed. Satan was not cast down with the angels in the rebellion. He was cast out of Heaven later.

Satan did something. Look in Genesis 5  Read the name of Adams first child...do you not find it strange that neither Cain, or Able are listed?
If the fruit was a real fruit, and they ate it...the fruit would have killed them...it did not. Adam, and Eve died because God condemned them to death. Those two trees were symbolic.

Each of us has a family tree.(symbolic.) We are also part of the human tree. (symbolic.) Animals are of the animal tree.(symbolic.)  Jesus said he was the tree of life. (symbolic.)

Here is a point; animals always died. When God commands his servants to do something, and they refuse, he forces them to do what he commands, and there is always consequences with it.
When the angels refused to serve man, God cast the down to Earth to serve man...guess what the consequences were? Knowing God, he made them into a form lower than man, but higher than the animals...which means they would have seed.  There are scrolls not a part of the Bible that says what Satan did...some are a part of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Satan used one of these angels to beguile Eve. The old word for beguile is intercourse.  You think maybe that is why Cain, and Able are not listed as Adams children?
Animals always died. If the human family was injected with animal seed, we would die. Perhaps that is why God called Satan a murderer?
If Adam and Eve disobeyed God, the angels would no longer have to serve man.

Hal:

--- Quote from: Domenic on September 07, 2013, 12:23:30 pm ---Thank you Hal, but your post does not answer any of the questions.
God does not babble. When he says something, he is right on the point. In Genesis 3:15, he is talking about Satan's seed. Satan was not cast down with the angels in the rebellion. He was cast out of Heaven later.

Satan did something. Look in Genesis 5  Read the name of Adams first child...do you not find it strange that neither Cain, or Able are listed? The Genealogy from Adam to Jesus Christ, what's so strange about that?
If the fruit was a real fruit, and they ate it...the fruit would have killed them...it did not. Adam, and Eve died because God condemned them to death. Those two trees were symbolic.

Each of us has a family tree.(symbolic.) We are also part of the human tree. (symbolic.) Animals are of the animal tree.(symbolic.)  Jesus said he was the tree of life. (symbolic.)

Here is a point; animals always died. When God commands his servants to do something, and they refuse, he forces them to do what he commands, and there is always consequences with it.
When the angels refused to serve man, God cast the down to Earth to serve man...guess what the consequences were? Knowing God, he made them into a form lower than man, but higher than the animals...which means they would have seed.  There are scrolls not a part of the Bible that says what Satan did...some are a part of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Satan used one of these angels to beguile Eve. The old word for beguile is intercourse.  You think maybe that is why Cain, and Able are not listed as Adams children?
Animals always died. If the human family was injected with animal seed, we would die. Perhaps that is why God called Satan a murderer?
If Adam and Eve disobeyed God, the angels would no longer have to serve man.

--- End quote ---

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, 8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world ; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Luke 10:18 He said to them, "I watched Satan fall from heaven like a lightning flash.

Fat:

--- Quote from: Domenic on September 07, 2013, 10:29:36 am ---The rebellion in Heaven

--- End quote ---

Isaiah 14:12-14
"How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn ! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations ! 13 "But you said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven ; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north. 14 'I will ascend above the heights of the clouds ; I will make myself like the Most High.'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version