Author Topic: Is the God of Mohammed and the God of Christ the same God?  (Read 3198 times)

Fat

Re: Is the God of Mohammed and the God of Christ the same God?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:44 am »
Sorry Fat. I don't really understand your question. But---
Of course the One true God of all creation is infallible. However there are countless differences of opinion as to his attributes and commands. It is as if they are different gods, not one Jesus.
As such He can appear fallible, because what we declare about him, or believe of him changes depending on who you speak to.

Let me take you back to my original statement.
Exactly, one god can not have two opposing doctrine  or scripture.

You came back with this statement.

But people who claim to worship Christ have countless different doctrines. As witnessed here on this forum!

I came back to try and point out that it is the people that have the deferent doctrine not God.
Yes, but they are fallible. Do you believe a god can be fallible?

We have as believers one true doctrine and it was given to us as Scripture. Some do not believe that the scriptures are sufficient. The Holy Ghost is a guide for us as we go through the Bible, not an alternative to the Scripture.

Fat

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 11:15:34 am »
No Fat, this is wrong. Satan, and the demons, all existed and had rebelled against God long before they were worshiped by mankind. Satan saw himself as God just as Isaiah says.

Isaiah14v12"How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations! 13"But you said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north. 14'I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.'…

He didn't do this because mankind worshiped him and made him a god.

Yes! Satan put himself ahead of God as the rich man puts his money ahead of God. But at one time Satan was not worshipping himself, it was he who made himself an false god.

False gods exist because they are worshipped. You can put anything ahead of God and create your false god, be it money or your own flesh.

Exodus 20:3-6 – Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

2 Kings 10:39 – Howbeit, form the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin, Jehu departed not from after them, to wit, the golden calves that were in Bethel, and that were in Dan.

Psalm 135:15-18 – The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them.

Romans 1:21-26,28-29 – Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like unto corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this cause, God gave them up unto vile affections…And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness…

1 Corinthians 10:19-21 –What say I then? that the idol is anything, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is anything? But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.

michaelf

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 02:40:25 am »
The problem you run into Fat, is that the other side is going to claim that the Bible used by Christians and Jews is inaccurate, or altered. The funny thing is they're going to take you back to Abraham and claimed that they are true descendants of the covenant, yet they do not believe in circumcision.

Actually Muslim are very big on Male circumcision

Although there is debate within Islam over whether it is a religious requirement, circumcision (called khitan) is practiced nearly universally by Muslim males. Islam bases its practice of circumcision on the Genesis 17 narrative, the same Biblical chapter referred to by Jews. The procedure is not mentioned in the Quran, but rather adherents believe it is a tradition established by Islam's prophet Muhammad directly (following Abraham), and so its practice is considered a sunnah (prophet's tradition). For Muslims, circumcision is a matter of cleanliness, purification and control over one's baser self (nafs). There is no agreement across the many Islamic communities about the age at which circumcision should be performed. It may be done from soon after birth up to about age 15, with it most often performed at around six to seven years of age. The timing can correspond with the boy's completion of his recitation of the whole Quran, with a coming-of-age event such as taking on the responsibility of daily prayer or betrothal. Circumcision may be celebrated with an associated family or community event. Circumcision is recommended for, but is not required of, converts to Islam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

JB Horn

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 09:27:28 am »
Actually Muslim are very big on Male circumcision

Although there is debate within Islam over whether it is a religious requirement, circumcision (called khitan) is practiced nearly universally by Muslim males. Islam bases its practice of circumcision on the Genesis 17 narrative, the same Biblical chapter referred to by Jews. The procedure is not mentioned in the Quran, but rather adherents believe it is a tradition established by Islam's prophet Muhammad directly (following Abraham), and so its practice is considered a sunnah (prophet's tradition). For Muslims, circumcision is a matter of cleanliness, purification and control over one's baser self (nafs). There is no agreement across the many Islamic communities about the age at which circumcision should be performed. It may be done from soon after birth up to about age 15, with it most often performed at around six to seven years of age. The timing can correspond with the boy's completion of his recitation of the whole Quran, with a coming-of-age event such as taking on the responsibility of daily prayer or betrothal. Circumcision may be celebrated with an associated family or community event. Circumcision is recommended for, but is not required of, converts to Islam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

Thank you for that information, I was not aware that circumcision was that prevalent in the Muslim community. I did some research and I have to agree that the practice is wide spread but not as a part of a religious covenant with God.

"While circumcision is an incumbent religious duty in Islam, it is not a condition for being a Muslim. Given that, it doesn't affect the validity of his prayer, or your marriage." http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=1&cate0&t=rss

"Because of this difference of opinion, scholars are generally easy-going and gentle with recent converts to Islam on the issue of circumcision." http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...3&cate=0&t=rss

"Hence it is a greatly meritorious sunnah as well as physically beneficial to perform this act. However it is not a pre-requisite for conversion to Islam." http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1376&CATE=3

"However, it should be remembered here, that he who opts not to be circumcised should regularly clean the area underneath the foreskin of his sex organ because, in Islam cleanliness of the body is obligatory for performing prayers." http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=1731&CATE=115

"In any case, it is not a condition for the validity of a person's profession of accepting the Islamic faith or the performance of his religious duties." www.islamset.com/hip/health5/circum.html

But on the other hand the Jews keep the covenant by circumcision on the 8th day as part of the covenant they have made with God.

Can they (Muslims) claim to be descendants of Isaac and be part of the covenant made with Abraham, and at the same time deny Christ?

Fat

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 10:18:55 am »
Can they (Muslims) claim to be descendants of Isaac and be part of the covenant made with Abraham, and at the same time deny Christ?

Do they claim Isaac or Ishmael?