World News General Non-Religious > General

Christmas theme

(1/2) > >>

Hal:
I like you Christmas theme but runs a little slower when I am using the iPhone .
I can live with it and TNX.

biblebuf:
You can't mouse over the verses in this theme. But like Hal said, I can live with it.

Bob:
I know most ove you are chopping at the bit, wanting to tell me that Santa (Saint Nicholas) secular and should not be on a Christian board, but you are holding back...... Let lose and debate it.

Hal:

--- Quote from: Bob on December 15, 2013, 08:11:07 am ---I know most ove you are chopping at the bit, wanting to tell me that Santa ) secular and should not be on a Christian board, but you are holding back...... Let lose and debate it.

--- End quote ---

The secular community has deemed Santa Claus as secular, until lately. As you pointed out he is Saint Nicholas not Santa Claus.  So who is or was Saint Nicholas? What is unchristian about Saint Nicholas? Is there a lesson for us and our kids that we can learn from this man?

The three (really 40) wise men did not come to the manger but we have that on our Christian Christmas cards, is that a sin oh ye hypocrite ?

Frank T:

--- Quote from: Hal on December 15, 2013, 11:28:38 am ---The secular community has deemed Santa Claus as secular, until lately. As you pointed out he is Saint Nicholas not Santa Claus.  So who is or was Saint Nicholas? What is unchristian about Saint Nicholas? Is there a lesson for us and our kids that we can learn from this man?

The three (really 40) wise men did not come to the manger but we have that on our Christian Christmas cards, is that a sin oh ye hypocrite ?

--- End quote ---

But it is about what we have made of the symbol of Santa. He has become the reason for the season.

Just ask yourself why do the unbelievers not take offense to him as they do to Christ.

Santa is commercial and the Nativity scene is not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version