Christian and Church News > Church News

Who Did Jesus Die For?

(1/3) > >>

OlympicClimb12:
While there is 2 sides of the debate here one says Jesus died for all mankind the other says that Jesus dies for the elect only.
Now I would like to ask members here where do you stand on this issue?
Please try to use your best explanation and scriptures would be very helpful.

Did Jesus Die for All or for Only the Elect? Two Theologians Debate
For whom did Jesus die? For the sins of the entire humanity or only for the elect? This was the topic of a live debate between Messianic Jewish apologist Dr. Michael L. Brown and Alpha and Omega Ministries Director Dr. James White on RevelationTV.com Friday evening.

The issue boils down to what the intention of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit was in Christ going to the cross, said White, who heads the Phoenix, Ariz.-based evangelical Reformed Christian apologetics organization, as the debate began Friday at 9 p.m. EST.

"Jesus' death on the cross was a covenantal death," White said. "God deals with His people in the form of a covenant, and the new covenant was established in the blood of Jesus Christ. ... That has a specific audience, and a specific perfecting effect for those for whom it is made. Specifically, Jesus Christ died in behalf of His elect people and that in so doing He procured eternal redemption in their place."

read more.. http://www.christianpost.com/news/did-jesus-die-for-all-or-for-only-the-elect-two-theologians-debate-113382/

Fat:

--- Quote from: OlympicClimb12 on January 26, 2014, 11:02:33 am ---While there is 2 sides of the debate here one says Jesus died for all mankind the other says that Jesus dies for the elect only.
Now I would like to ask members here where do you stand on this issue?
Please try to use your best explanation and scriptures would be very helpful.

Did Jesus Die for All or for Only the Elect? Two Theologians Debate
For whom did Jesus die? For the sins of the entire humanity or only for the elect? This was the topic of a live debate between Messianic Jewish apologist Dr. Michael L. Brown and Alpha and Omega Ministries Director Dr. James White on RevelationTV.com Friday evening.

The issue boils down to what the intention of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit was in Christ going to the cross, said White, who heads the Phoenix, Ariz.-based evangelical Reformed Christian apologetics organization, as the debate began Friday at 9 p.m. EST.

"Jesus' death on the cross was a covenantal death," White said. "God deals with His people in the form of a covenant, and the new covenant was established in the blood of Jesus Christ. ... That has a specific audience, and a specific perfecting effect for those for whom it is made. Specifically, Jesus Christ died in behalf of His elect people and that in so doing He procured eternal redemption in their place."

read more.. http://www.christianpost.com/news/did-jesus-die-for-all-or-for-only-the-elect-two-theologians-debate-113382/

--- End quote ---

He died for His sheep, the Church:

--- Quote ---John 10:11,15
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Eph. 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Matt. 25:32-33
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Matt. 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (many not all)
--- End quote ---

And when was this covenant made to His sheep?

--- Quote ---Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began ,
--- End quote ---

Zant Law:
Christ will not fail, he cannot fail, so if he died for all sins than all sins must be covered by his death. But we know this not to be true.

The question being asked is who did Jesus die for, not what did Jesus die for.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This gift is represented in other verses as an inheritance.

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance , being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Christ died so that we may receive our inheritance. Because without his death we cannot be worthy of that inheritance promised to us from Genesis 3:15.

OlympicClimb12:
 I think I can see this 2 ways. Sure Jesus offers life. But life to who? He offers salvation but salvation to who? Jesus was sitting at the table with sinners. They had scoffed at Jesus for doing this. Why is not Jesus sitting along with the righteous? Why is Jesus dining with sinners?

Jesus told them those who are well don’t need to have a doctor. But those who are sick need to have a doctor. I had not come for the righteous. Jesus was not looking for the righteous since they who believe on Him are saved. But it is Jesus desire even to to save ’The Lost Sheep’ to go after that one. He is like a shepherd that leaves 99 in the sheep fold. He will go after the one who has turned away from God to call upon that lost sheep. There is no guarantee that sheep will come back.

Luke 15:1-7
The Parable of the Lost Sheep

15 Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. 2 And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.” 3 So He spoke this parable to them, saying:

4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

In my Biblical opinion Jesus died for everyone.. Because on the day that Jesus died some had believed as the disciples and Mary his mother and Mary the sister of Lazarus. But Jesus said Father Father forgive them. . They do not know what they are doing.

Luke 23:34

34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”[h]

Romans 5:8. Even while we were sinners Christ had died for us.

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us

If Christ only died for the righteous then only some can be saved. But Jesus died for all mankind that any man will not have any excuse to say.. . But Lord I was a sinner and there was no way for me. But you sinner Christ died for you.

It is Jesus who become the Lamb that His blood was poured out for our transgressions.. if Christ only died for the Church and the righteous then the lost can not find a way for salvation.. Jesus said to the religious. I say to you Tax collectors and Prostitutes will enter the Kingdom before you will. Every person will stand before God. Many will say God and why do you judge me? Then God will say you owe an account of an explanation to me. For I have given the life of my only Son His blood in which He had died for you and all people. .

He has purchased this right that all shall give an explanation why or why not they did not accept this gift I had sent. Jesus died that we may have life in Him. But because He died many will also be condemned in rejecting His death. The Father has put all things under His feet.

So because Jesus died for all everyone has to make an account of did they believe or not believe on him Jesus. Because the blood Jesus poured out is fitting to judge both the righteous and the wicked. . Think of Jesus on the cross. One man accepted him the other did not.

One side is the sheep of the cross the other is the Goat. Then some will say Jesus I can’t go into the kingdom of God and why not? Jesus will say I died for you. If you would have believed you would have taken this gift.

Zant Law:
You are confusing the elect, the righteous and the sinless as the same.

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;

When Christ spoke of the righteous who were they?

Can you name any person in history, other than Christ, that was without sin?

If Christ died for all then why are only the chosen allowed to come to Christ.

John 6
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught by God.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

64 But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father." 66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version