Bible Talk > Apologetics

Was the Church formed before the world began?

(1/5) > >>

Fat:

--- Quote from: Author unknown on Titus 1:2 ---The passage says, "...in the hope of eternal life that God, who cannot lie, promised before time began" (Titus 1:2 HCSB). The part that interests me here is, "...promised before time began." Where did Paul, specifically, read in the Old Testament, that God had promised this salvation "before time began"? Certainly, if we were to search, we would find references, but even if not, then we could assume that this truth was revealed by the Holy Spirit. Regardless, what we learn about God here is that He cannot lie, & that He'll keep what He promised, even if the promise was made "before time began." This passage also says that God had salvation in mind "before time began," which means, it was a part of His plan "before time began." We know that the Lamb was slain "before the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8), so, there are other passages that refer to this concept. Isn't there much that's inferred from this idea that God had promised salvation "before time began"? Or, even that the Lamb was slain "before the foundation of the world"? What did God see, or plan, so that salvation would be needed in the first place? Could God have conceived a world where salvation was not needed? If the Lamb was slain before it all began, then, at least in God's mind, did the concept of physical death exist? Obviously, God knows His own standards which flow out of His character, &, He knew that His standards would be too high for us & that we would not be able to keep them & that, due to His holiness, a Lamb would need to be slain for us. In Matthew Jesus said that God knows what we need before we even ask, well, here is a case of God providing what we need before ANYTHING even exists, besides Himself, of course!

--- End quote ---

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Revelation 17:8 The beast you saw was alive but isn't now. And yet he will soon come up out of the bottomless pit and go to eternal destruction. And the people who belong to this world, whose names were not written in the Book of Life from before the world began, will be amazed at the reappearance of this beast who had died.

Revelation 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

Proa42:
Hurray!!

The Truth will out.

So now that we know the truth, what do we do say about seeking and saving that which was lost.

And, we know that Christ is the light that lights EVERY man that comes into the world.

So, if every man has/had that light, when did he get it. Perhaps it was when his name was written in the book, or it will get to him eventually regardless of who delivers it.

Hmmmmm, there is more here than "traditional" teachings would have us believe.

If we are to believe some accepted teachings we might had expected to the Bride of The Christ to be missing pieces had we not done our jobs.  Foolish thought, isn't it?   ::)

philer:
you may look at it somewhat like a movie, the script has to be written first, then comes the acting out of it. This creation is much like this,GOD spoke it into existence ,what he had planned ,now it will be fullfilled what he had planned because GOD cannot lie, thus the meaning of life isaiah 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

is there any other way to see it?.

Fat:

--- Quote from: philer on September 26, 2012, 05:03:31 am ---you may look at it somewhat like a movie, the script has to be written first, then comes the acting out of it. This creation is much like this,GOD spoke it into existence ,what he had planned ,now it will be fullfilled what he had planned because GOD cannot lie, thus the meaning of life isaiah 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

is there any other way to see it?.

--- End quote ---

How a bout this?
Time was created by God for man because man is incapable of understanding eternity. For instance if eternity goes back as well as forward how long would it take to get to today if you started at the beginning of time? Well you never could get here, could you?

We see time as a line when He sees it as a spot. He is present at all times simultaneously. I know it is hard to rap our heads around that but all is possible with Him.

???

theseldomscene:
in the parable of the wheat and the tares, Jesus lays out a clear case of not just being predestined by Him but preexisting in some form with Him. 
the farmer puts good seed in his field...then a little later on He tells the interpretation of it, here are the three that relate to the o.p.:

farmer=Jesus
seed=children of the kingdom
field=the world

which means the children were with Him before they ever came here...they were in His hands.

"He's got the little bitty babies, in His hands...."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version