Author Topic: Was the Church formed before the world began?  (Read 10121 times)

Hal

Re: Was the Church formed before the world began?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 11:04:34 am »
David and Abraham really!
Do you really give them a part ownership with Christ in the church?

The partnership is between Christ and the Father.  (John 17)

So when were we given to Christ and by whom were we given to Christ?

The trinity is not Abraham, David and Christ, it is the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost took up His part at Pentecost.

Defacto my friend, I think we are done here. You have a good year.

Defacto

• WWII Vet
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »
Which has precisely what - to do with the subject of your thread, fat?  Attacking me contributes nothing in the discussion.

Defacto

Fat

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 10:47:14 pm »
Which has precisely what - to do with the subject of your thread, fat?  Attacking me contributes nothing in the discussion.

Defacto

I think you'll loosing it, I've posted one verse on this thread sense you have come on. You might be thinking of Hal.

Bye
Fat

Defacto

• WWII Vet
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 08:07:52 am »
I think you'll loosing it, I've posted one verse on this thread sense you have come on. You might be thinking of Hal.

Bye
Fat

Would you care to explain how the Church could be "founded" before the world began, when it did not consist of any members at all until the founder of it, Jesus Christ, had the believers to formulate it in the NT?  That did not have its beginning until the Holy Spirit arrived at Pentecost, as recorded in Acts 2:1-3.  And you will be judged as you judge me, and others, as recorded in Mt.7:2!

Defacto
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:16:20 am by Defacto »

Iconoclast

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 08:22:35 am »
The Church assembles on the last day.

Fat

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »
The Church assembles on the last day.

So I wonder who John was writing to in the book of Revelation. Can the church be formed even though the members are not all assembled in one group? Is not the church the body of Christ, and are not you a member of that body?

So Hall when was the church formed, was it before the world began?

Iconoclast

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 10:19:00 pm »
There are local assemblies on earth now.
However, the One True Church will not be fully assembled until the last day.

Fat

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 12:56:33 am »
There are local assemblies on earth now.
However, the One True Church will not be fully assembled until the last day.

But you also said in a post I just read, that the kingdom is now. If the kingdom is now is not the church already assembled?

Use the phrase The One True Church, this is usually used by cult sects like Jehovah's Witnesses, Church of latter-day Saints, Seventh-day Adventist, the Catholic Church etc. etc.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

Iconoclast

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 10:31:45 pm »
Fat

Hello Fat...thanks for the response and your good questions...
But you also said in a post I just read, that the kingdom is now. If the kingdom is now is not the church already assembled?

Jesus and the Apostles inaugurated the kingdom......it is still growing, not yet complete..More persons are being saved AS THE GOSPEL IS STILL GOING WORLDWIDE...

psalm22;
27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Use the phrase The One True Church, this is usually used by cult sects like Jehovah's Witnesses, Church of latter-day Saints, Seventh-day Adventist, the Catholic Church etc. etc.
Cults speak of marraige , but we do not dispense with it.
It will be the One true church on the last day, because there will be no other assembly around.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
[/b]

yes...that is why it is at the last day when we shall be changed :) ;)