Author Topic: Eph 3:5-7  (Read 964 times)

clark thompson

Eph 3:5-7
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:48:19 pm »

Ephesians 3:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:5-7
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
5 This was not made known to people in other generations as it is now revealed to His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit: 6 The Gentiles are coheirs, members of the same body, and partners of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. 7 I was made a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace that was given to me by the working of His power.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 The word was not shared to everyone. There was a time the word was only given to the Jewish. The word was concealed for years but was revealed when the word became flesh, Jesus. The prophets and apostles wrote the bible by the Spirit leading them any word that was written without the Spirit is not in the bible. There are other writings of biblical characters that may be true but were not inspired to be written down. The word is pure because it is Spirit lead.

6 We Gentiles can now share in the blessing of Jesus. The faith was exclusive to the Jews before Christ came. We have promises of Christ and have His love and now can live in a fellowship with god that was only known to a few before Christ came.

7 It is by God’s grace that we serve Him. The Spirit will lead us into serving Him in was we can only image, we will do things we could not without, this is so we rely on Him and not on our efforts to serve Him. Paul could not have done anything the Lord lead Him to do without the Lord leading Him to do so, we should be the same way and not try to serve the Lord on our own efforts but wait on Him.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Fat

Re: Eph 3:5-7
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 07:53:47 am »
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female ; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise

Paul understood we are all one body of the elect, chosen unto Christ.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:02:31 pm »
Paul continually rips apart Replacement Theology even before it was in existence. Amazingly it's almost like he saw it coming and wanted to stop it before it went too far. And just as amazing it has reached the popularity that has.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

His plan was always to bring salvation all the earth.

Isaiah 49:6 He says, "It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved ones of Israel ; I will also make You a light of the nations So that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth."