Author Topic: Eph 3:11-13  (Read 580 times)

clark thompson

Eph 3:11-13
« on: March 24, 2014, 06:56:25 pm »

Ephesians 3:11-13

King James Version (KJV)

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

Ephesians 3:11-13

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

11 This is according to His eternal purpose accomplished in the Messiah, Jesus our Lord. 12 In Him we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. 13 So then I ask you not to be discouraged over my afflictions on your behalf, for they are your glory.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 Jesus is the Messiah and fulfill His purpose by His death and will completing by His return and will set up His reign as King. He came to set up His kingdom which is established in His death and come to after the second coming.

12 Faith in Him leads us to do the things we do. Our faith in Him gives us our strength. Through Him we can do things we simply can not do on our own.

13 We shine the brightest we the trouble is the fiercest. We should not worry about troubles because He is bigger than any trouble we could face. Struggles will come but He will see us thru them.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

biblebuf

Re: Eph 3:11-13
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:12 pm »
11) The purpose of the Church is to glorify God.

12) We need only have confidence in Christ not in ourselves.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tested in every way as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us at the proper time.

13) Going through tribulations on this earth brings us to our purpose of glorifying God.

Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us.