Author Topic: Eph 3:14-19  (Read 662 times)

clark thompson

Eph 3:14-19
« on: March 31, 2014, 06:07:45 pm »

Ephesians 3:14-19

King James Version (KJV)

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3:14-19

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Prayer for Spiritual Power

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father  15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named.  16 I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power in the inner man through His Spirit,  17 and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love,  18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love,  19 and to know the Messiah’s love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 Prayer is very important for as believers. Jesus even prayed and He was without sin we who sin need to pray much more. We truly have nothing to stand on before God we are just simple while He is Devine.

15 God knows everything on earth and everything that has ever been on earth and He knows them by name. Go knows us, He wants us to know Him.

16 When we pray it is important that we know He will is to be done. If our prayers go against His will they will not be done. Our strength comes from Him being in us in by His Spirit. He lifts us up to do things we can not do without Him.

17 The faith in Jesus is what keeps us going and without Him there is no purpose of going because without Him we are just wondering thru life without a goal or hope. Jesus is our hope and thru Him we have purpose and this purpose is the Great Commission. Love is what He uses to motivate us t serve Him without love our service truly is weak. Love is why Jesus came, why He died and why we can live by Him.

18 We will never truly be able to understand all about God’s love but what we can understand is enough to come to Him. God’s love was best shown on the cross but is far greater than even this.

19 When we come to faith we accept God’s love shown by Jesus on the cross.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Fat

Re: Eph 3:14-19
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:29:40 am »
Some of the things I like about Paul is that he keeps himself humble and he's always worried about the health of the church. You notice how he continually prays for us?

Are we always praying for material things? Or are we concerned with the others and the health of the church?

clark thompson

Re: Eph 3:14-19
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 02:52:43 pm »
Paul really showed that even though he was not there he loved the people of the church.