Author Topic: Rom 8:28  (Read 1942 times)

admin

• Administrator
Rom 8:28
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:52:16 am »
Romans 8:28

macuser

Re: Rom 8:28
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:13 am »
Hi Dude,

If you look at the two presiding verses:
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.
You see that it is talking about the work of the Holy Spirit. In other words God works to conform you to be like His Son Jesus. The Spirit within you works to bring you closer to Him even though you may not think what is happening to you in your life is good for you, it is.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 10:35:30 am »
I'm with Mac, I believe what Paul is talking about here is that the works of the Holy Spirit are always directed towards the good of the elect. Paul makes it clear that we are incapable of knowing what is best for us, because we are incapable of knowing God's purpose and what he has predestined for us. It is clear from history, man does not know his own destiny or what he is capable of doing with God's help.

I am one of those that believe that God has complete sovereignty over all things. And that nothing happens without God knowing before hand and if it happens then he must've allowed to happen.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:38:14 am »
The works of the Spirit are the works of the Father as is the works of the Son.