Author Topic: I am the first and the last  (Read 957 times)

biblebuf

I am the first and the last
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »
When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid ; I am the first and the last, (Rev. 1:17 )
For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind,But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel. (Heb. 12:18, 22-24 )fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb. 12:2 ) For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.(Heb. 4:15, 16 )
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts : 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me. (Isa. 44:6 ) For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders ; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. (Isa. 9:6 )
Are You not from everlasting, O LORD, my God, my Holy One ? We will not die. You, O LORD, have appointed them to judge ; And You, O Rock, have established them to correct.(Hab. 1:12 ) "For who is God, besides the LORD ? And who is a rock, besides our God ? (2 Sam. 22:32 )

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: I am the first and the last
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:14 am »
government will rest on His shoulders

One day soon, He will be the government (ruler) of all that exists.

clark thompson

Re: I am the first and the last
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »
Time does even limit God because before time He was and after time He still will be.