Author Topic: Eph 4:1-3  (Read 739 times)

clark thompson

Eph 4:1-3
« on: April 14, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »

Ephesians 4:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

4 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:1-3

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Unity and Diversity in the Body of Christ

4 Therefore I, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received,  2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting one another in love,  3 diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 We are bond to the Lord by the blood, the blood of Christ. We should not just talk the talk about Christianity but to show by example. For us to say Christian saying without following them serves little purpose. Christ lived the example and we are to follow after Him.

2 We should also show the character of Christ when doing the works He leads us to without our heart being in it we will miss out on some of the blessings He has for us. We need not only to do the works of Christ but show the emotions of Christ. The fruit of the Spirit comes with growth in faith and does not happen overnight.

3 We should live by the Spirit and do our best by the Spirit. The Spirit will never lead us to anything but what God wants of us.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Eph 4:1-3
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:15:51 am »
Unfortunately the church has a propensity to make a poor public image of itself by a display of infighting and petty bickering. This does not go good when we take the message of good news to the on looking world.

Moss

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:33 am »
Unfortunately the church has a propensity to make a poor public image of itself by a display of infighting and petty bickering. This does not go good when we take the message of good news to the on looking world.

My mother use to say that you're only respounsable for you're own action.
I agree with Clark the we must focus on the way we live our live, trying to emulate Christ.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:51:42 am »
My mother use to say that you're only respounsable for you're own action.
I agree with Clark the we must focus on the way we live our live, trying to emulate Christ.
The character of the church comes from the individual character of its members. The church has to clean itself up, if your right hand affends you cut it off.